Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

I just got my P3P last weekend and upgraded to v1.70060 I had to upgrade my AC, RC and both batteries. Today I updated to 1.8.80 and when I put in my second battery it didn't need an update. So was this new update only for the AC and RC?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just got my P3P last weekend and upgraded to v1.70060 I had to upgrade my AC, RC and both batteries. Today I updated to 1.8.80 and when I put in my second battery it didn't need an update. So was this new update only for the AC and RC?

Battery upgrade is not needed for this upgrade as I didn't read that there was an battery update. Its a good practice to leave the bin file on the SD card and in case you use a battery that is not updated, it will be automatically updated when you switch on the bird.

Did all that, upgraded the RC when it said update required. Power cycled and it said update required once again. Oh well!! Will take it for a couple turns around the cactus in a bit.

Do it only at the site or if P3 shows and error message asking you to calibrate compass.

An issue suddenly cropped up whereby my P3A would lose altitude slowly. Before each venture I normally raise up to about 7 ft and let it stay there a few minutes to see if there are any anomalies. The other day it started losing altitude over the course of a couple of minutes, dropping slowly until it reached the ground. The altimeter did NOT register the change. At ground level it was still reading 7 feet. Hmmm!

With that I decided to do install my DBSMod antennae, and perform the update. Presto! Problem solved. 32 channel hack works. Started getting satellites in my apartment where none registered prior.

My update included AC, RC, BATT(s).

Flew two full batteries without a hitch and even reached my max altitude of 400 feet. Deviation upon RTH was nominal.

Nice. PLEASED!!!!

An issue suddenly cropped up whereby my P3A would lose altitude slowly. Before each venture I normally raise up to about 7 ft and let it stay there a few minutes to see if there are any anomalies. The other day it started losing altitude over the course of a couple of minutes, dropping slowly until it reached the ground. The altimeter did NOT register the change. At ground level it was still reading 7 feet. Hmmm!

With that I decided to do install my DBSMod antennae, and perform the update. Presto! Problem solved. 32 channel hack works. Started getting satellites in my apartment where none registered prior.

My update included AC, RC, BATT(s).

Flew two full batteries without a hitch and even reached my max altitude of 400 feet. Deviation upon RTH was nominal.

Nice. PLEASED!!!!
How does DBSMod antennae help stabilizing heights? I am unable to understand the logic. But it worked for you, enjoy.

How does DBSMod antennae help stabilizing heights? I am unable to understand the logic. But it worked for you, enjoy.

The DBSMod was inconsequential (I probably should not have mentioned it), I just happened to install it and then perform the updates. It was the firmware that stabilized it.

The DBSMod was inconsequential (I probably should not have mentioned it), I just happened to install it and then perform the updates. It was the firmware that stabilized it.
Got it. Thx

Is it me not really reading this whole thread closely, or is this 9 pages of almost no trouble updating outside of questions, whereas firmware 1.7 was more troublesome for many? This was a quick followup for some reason to 1.7. I'm actually glad I didn't do 1.7 so I can just go straight to this one.

Just updated mine. When firmware completed installation, the camera on drone went nuts (video below). Firmware installed successfully and drone is working normally. Thank God. [emoji28]

Reactions: NormanNormal
Put the SD card in the gimbal with the 1.8.bin file & turned on the Phantom.
Solid green status light, no red/green. Several times. No .txt file.

Just updated mine. When firmware completed installation, the camera on drone went nuts (video below). Firmware installed successfully and drone is working normally. Thank God. [emoji28]

Oh god, I don't mean to laugh at your troubles but for some reason that was hilarious to me. It's like it was going absolutely berserk. The ultrasonic sounds made it even funnier to me.... LOL :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I suppose that suggests that 1.5 aircraft firmware is needed so you can update batteries, and from there go to 1.8 firmware. I think it's important to not miss that battery update.

Well that defeats the whole idea behind all in one firmware....
I'm currently at 1.4. So I have to go through. 1.5,1.6 and then to 1.8 to get the intermediate battery updates?

How is that new antenna working out for you Zep? Any problems with the install?
Actually, real nice. I did the install in a couple of hours. I wanted to be extremely careful. So I took it step by step and finished to great success. I actually pick up satellites indoors. I think others indicated that the latest firmware aided that a bit.

So far so good. Everything works as expected. I only went a 1/4 mile (my first time going any distance) and while that's no great feat for the mod it imbues confidence and thus I'm pleased.

Solid signal all the way. But I was over the everglades a bit. Makes homie leary.

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 & Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart