Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Firmware upgrade with broken gimbal

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Kcam, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Kcam

Hi guys. So I was going to do the firmware update to my p3 but my gimbal and ribbon cable are broken. Can I still do the upgrade without these parts in working order? It's snapped off at the roll arm so the upper section is still installed and connected so the SD slot is still accessible but I'm not sure if the gimbal needs to be in working order for the update to work.

Thanks

2. RadRich

Can you access the SD card when inserted into the slot, and using the USB port on the drone? If yes, then yes you can update it.

3. alokbhargava

FW update tries to recognize camera first, if it can, go ahead for the upgrade.

4. Kcam

I haven't yet tried that. I didn't know it worked that way. So it should appear as a removable drive on my pc correct? I will attempt to access the card tonight.
    Thanks for the input.... Much appreciated.

5. Kcam

I'll give it a shot. I just didn't know if by the camera bringing up an error if it would effect the upgrade.

Thanks.

6. RadRich

Correct. You're welcome.

7. Kcam

I just spoke to dji on a chat session and they said the upgrade cannot be done with a broken ribbon cable. Not sure if I trust them but don't want to brick my p3 either.