Firmware upgrade with broken gimbal

Reaction score
Hi guys. So I was going to do the firmware update to my p3 but my gimbal and ribbon cable are broken. Can I still do the upgrade without these parts in working order? It's snapped off at the roll arm so the upper section is still installed and connected so the SD slot is still accessible but I'm not sure if the gimbal needs to be in working order for the update to work.

Thanks

Can you access the SD card when inserted into the slot, and using the USB port on the drone? If yes, then yes you can update it.

FW update tries to recognize camera first, if it can, go ahead for the upgrade.

Can you access the SD card when inserted into the slot, and using the USB port on the drone? If yes, then yes you can update it.

I haven't yet tried that. I didn't know it worked that way. So it should appear as a removable drive on my pc correct? I will attempt to access the card tonight.
Thanks for the input.... Much appreciated.

I haven't yet tried that. I didn't know it worked that way. So it should appear as a removable drive on my pc correct? I will attempt to access the card tonight.
Thanks for the input.... Much appreciated.
Correct. You're welcome.

Correct. You're welcome.

I just spoke to dji on a chat session and they said the upgrade cannot be done with a broken ribbon cable. Not sure if I trust them but don't want to brick my p3 either.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl