Firmware Upgrade Issues

Reaction score
Hi, I have tried everything to upgrade to the latest firmware without success. I have formatted the SD card and done all that is asked but it won't take. So frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.

Try following these instructions to update the firmware.

Also, I have a few questions for you:

1) Do you have a Phantom 3 Professional?
2) Is this Phantom brand new out of the box?
3) If it's not new, why are you updating the firmware?
4) If it's not new, has it ever been crashed, dropped, or damaged in some other way?

Hi, I have tried everything to upgrade to the latest firmware without success. I have formatted the SD card and done all that is asked but it won't take. So frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.

99.99999999% of the time the error in not uncompressing the downloaded file and using the bin or not copying the bin file to the root folder of the SD card.

Try following these instructions to update the firmware.

Also, I have a few questions for you:

1) Do you have a Phantom 3 Professional?
2) Is this Phantom brand new out of the box?
3) If it's not new, why are you updating the firmware?
4) If it's not new, has it ever been crashed, dropped, or damaged in some other way?

Hi, yes its a phantom 3 professional
I bought the Drone about 8 months ago used it once and it has been sitting in the box since
when I turned it all on a message came up on the DJI Go app telling me to update the firmware of both the controller and the aircraft
It has never been damaged at all in anyway

I have been online with the DJI support team for hours and they were of no help. Looks like it could be one for throwing away :)

99.99999999% of the time the error in not uncompressing the downloaded file and using the bin or not copying the bin file to the root folder of the SD card.

I showed the DJI online support the bin file I was downloading and they never indicated it was incorrect to me. I formatted the SD card a number of times, have tried 3 different brands of SD card and nothing, so frustrating. The file is below.

P3X_FW_V01.09.0060-13.bin

I FINALLY got it to upload the file. I renamed the file without the -13 and it did its thing. Thanks so much for the direction to the installation guide, which tells you to ensure there are no numbers attached at the end. :)

Great news! Thank you for following up with your fix.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl