Firmware updates?

Reaction score
My p3a has told me that the aircraft and remote and camera all need firmware updates, is this ok to do? Or will it want me to update to the latest dji go app?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There generally are two views on this.

One side accepts the fact that updates are okay to do and that DJI are generally out to improve things with each firmware update.

The other side thinks that updates are spawned by the devil and that DJI are out to screw the owner at every opportunity and that firmware updates only serve to remove functionality.

It's really up to you whether to update or not.

As for me well I think it's a con, seen too many failures on updates, safe bet is never update

I've updated my P3A to all the latest and haven't had any issues - it's been very steady in the air even in wind, although if it's seriously windy I don't fly.

seen too many failures on updates, safe bet is never update
Many people fail because they do not install the firmware correctly. There are a lot of steps to the process. Most people who follow my instructions are successful.

Many factors involved; are you having any issues, what does DJI state the update adds/corrects, ar their any known problems with the new update, etc.

Your best best is to consider if you currently have any issues that the update might correct and/or if the update adds anything you want and then you should read the thread or two where people talk about the update to see if there are any issues.

There is no one answer to your question as everyone's situation is different. Heck, you could be on v 1.3 firmware for all we know and updating could add a _lot_ of good features. You could be only one version back and the newest really only limits certain things.

There's an old saying about firmware updates. If it's working, don't update.

On the other hand, if you absolutely insist, review the experience of others very carefully before you commit to doing it.

And... if you proceed with the firmware update, you better do it correctly or you could brick your bird or worse, feel competent in your actions and watch it fall out of the sky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

On the other hand, if you absolutely insist, review the experience of others very carefully before you commit to doing it.

And... if you proceed with the firmware update, you better do it correctly or you could brick your bird or worse, feel competent in your actions and watch it fall out of the sky.
Firmware updates usually go off without a hitch. Most people who don't have a problem aren't posting about their good experiences ;)

Reactions: Zeprider
Firmware updates usually go off without a hitch. Most people who don't have a problem aren't posting about their experience ;)
Right! There is always that factor. I've been in IT for quite some time and I am not shy about doing firmware updates. When my P3A arrived it went from the box straight to firmware update goodness. But that's me. [emoji12]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164