Firmware updated then trouble

So with the new DJI Go 4 out today I updated the app, also my Phantom 4 was not on the newest firmware so I updated that via DJI Assistant. The remote controller was already on the newest firmware. After updating everything I took it for a test drive in the back yard and everything was working good.

This is an improvement, before updating everything it seems like about every other time I'd power everything on it wasn't fully connecting to the aircraft. It would connect and show ready but the values for things like max altitude, max distance, etc were blank. Shut everything off and turn back on then everything would show correctly.

Other than the noted errors, not much to go by in this log. Will need the aircraft .dat file. Just a wag at the bad compass from this data.

I looked some at the .txt. The reason that the throttle's effect was attenuated is that the P4Pro was in auto takeoff mode. After it switched out of auto takeoff the throttle's effect returned to normal. here the green area is auto takeoff mode.
upload_2018-1-31_8-13-6.png

The beginning of the flight starts at 73 secs indicating that prior to this flight there was a previous flight or that the motors had been started and stopped. Since this flight starts with gpsHealth = 3 and numSats = 9 there is likely to be some significant data in the previous flight. Could you please provide that .txt.
upload_2018-1-31_8-20-49.png

Better yet, as suggested by @Fly Dawg , could you retrieve the .DAT. Look here to see how to do that. You'll need to Dropbox it and supply a link.

Most Driveways have Rebar embedded in them. like mine I can not do the compass on it
also standing next to a vehicle wont work either, even my roof is metal and that sucks as well , LOL

Reactions: rceagle1
So this is happening to me as well. It seems with this latest firmware upgrade it's gone haywire. I auto launch, it climbs to anything other than 1.2M (sometimes up to 10M) and then either stays put or moves laterally (no wind) at that height or slowly / violently (scary) starts decending to 1.2M. Every launch there is a different result. It even went to take off and basically flipped, at which point the motor power cut out but ended up damaging my brand new Obsidian colored Props. How can they release rubbish like this?

I have updated DJI Go 4 to the latest, done an IMU & Compass calibration as well after the upgrade.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT