Firmware update issues

Reaction score
Setting up p3s and cant get passed updates required in the go app. My home computer died so doing it thru my droid cell. I got a friend(actually a friend of a friend of a friend and took a week) to update my sd card with the latest firmware. It does not recognize the update. Still wants me to connect to device which I have no cable to go from cell(usb3.0 I think) to dji usb end. Can I get around this or do I have to order a cable and wait another week. Not going to by new computer to get this done and it looks like it will stop you from flying without getting regular updates. My Dad, 1/2 owner says put the ...... ...... on ebay!

You will not need a memory card reader and/or computer as long as you have the firmware (BIN file) on the root of your memory card. Your Droid is not going to be of any help with the update, so you can skip trying to connect it to your Phantom. Here are complete firmware installation instructions if needed:

HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware (if using DJI GO) | DJI Phantom Forum

it looks like it will stop you from flying without getting regular updates
You can fly without updating. I don't recommend it and the DJI GO app will most likely nag you about installing the updates, but it's not a requirement.

Setting up p3s and cant get passed updates required in the go app. My home computer died so doing it thru my droid cell. I got a friend(actually a friend of a friend of a friend and took a week) to update my sd card with the latest firmware. It does not recognize the update. Still wants me to connect to device which I have no cable to go from cell(usb3.0 I think) to dji usb end. Can I get around this or do I have to order a cable and wait another week. Not going to by new computer to get this done and it looks like it will stop you from flying without getting regular updates. My Dad, 1/2 owner says put the ...... ...... on ebay!

I assume you have never flown this unit yet.

On a standard you do everything through the DJI go app. No cables, No SD card loaded with firmware is needed.

Reactions: dirkclod
Never flown, cant get the required update to leave, no green gps ready. A announcement is on my cell in dji go app and says "you may only use micro sd card for this particular firmware update". I'm about to loooze it. Been flying rc helis and planes and racing rc cars for 30+ years and thought this would be a pc of cake. Going to keep trying to get someone to let me download the updates to their computer and then the p3s. Already ask 4 people and they all said NO! My dad says get rid of it. Three weeks and nothing!

Humm, I am missing something. Let me think, I have never learned to type so I am slow on my end.

You are using an apple or android?
With remote on and the bird on can you connect to the Phantom WIfi?

Does this have anything to do with Osmo firmware?

Everything works I see camera thru my droid smart phone. I just cant get the red update required gone so I can see GPS ready green light! Vids say do not fly unless green GPS lock where the RED update required shows up...middle top of screen.

Somebody help us out here, Can you post a picture of what it is on your screen.

Your outside and you have both switches up.

I've only seen the update when I first set mine up but it was not to any sd card .
Also if your in the house you might not never see the green ready to fly in GPS light . No Sats .
What got me was having to switch back to house wifi when setting it up .

p3s1.jpg

As you can see from the pics above, the update is hounding me. Going to try and update from a friends computer Sat morn.

That's for the Pro . This is the standard section . What colors are one the bands on the arms of your quad ?If they are gold than what msinger told you is what you have to do .

Red stripes and standard. The pic w/advanced was first screen when you open up app. There is a drop down that changes to p3s. Sorry for that pic should have changed to p3s before I took shot. Just wanted to show updated required when app is started. Then again from camera view.

OK got ya . The gold bands throwed me and that's a Pro . You don't hook the standard up to your computer . It's all done through the app .
I have never seen what you have just put up so I'm no good to you on this one .
Maybe someone that has way more time with one of these will chime in .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl