Filming Eclipse with P3 Advanced

I am planning on filming the Eclipse with my P3 Advance, will my camera be damaged by pointing directly at the Eclipsed????
You probably wont even be able to point your camera at the eclipsed sun. It will be too high in the sky I'd guess during the time of the eclipse. It will be at max around 1:30pm for you, correct? The sun is rather high in the sky at that time.

Last edited:
Don't be discouraged, because of the sun angle. The shadows should make for very interesting effects to shoot from above!

Yes, I realize that---but if I can manage pointing directly at the sun????
Unless you are going to hold the Phantom in your hand and face it up, you won't be able to get the sun in the frame anyway, it's way too high up and the gimbal will only go 30 degrees up. And the answer to damage is both yes and no. But most likely yes at that time of day. Sunset and sunrise are fine.

Just for informational purpose's here is what you can expect where you are. Note the sun angle.
This is the view from New Orleans.

Louisanna.JPG

So since the sun will be too high in my area too and I won't get a direct shot of the sun as well, would it get damage not using a filter filming obviously under it and all the other scenery around it.

So since the sun will be too high in my area too and I won't get a direct shot of the sun as well, would it get damage not using a filter filming obviously under it and all the other scenery around it.
No, treat it like a cloudy day in that regard. It will not harm anything. Overhead land and shadow shots are just fine.

With a 66deg vertical FOV you will be able to get the sun in frame, esp flying backwards at full tilt which will give you 35deg to get the props out of frame and the full 15deg upwards camera angle.

Reactions: Latitude 65 Testing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart