FC40 P2, in need of gimble and camera

Reaction score
Okay so I have an FC40, I know that it runs on a different frequency and therefore it's limited in some capacity (the stock camera is not very good). I tried a year ago or so to put a Sony Action camera on it, I even printed the plastic parts to make my own gimble from some parts I bought online.

In the end it didn't work very well, I just don't have the time to get it working and frakly the plastic printed parts were lousy, and the Sony action Camera app was glitchy.

So I want to get a used GoPro 3 (not sure what model), and a cheap gimble (that will work without much fuss). What type of Gopro 3 should I get and what gimble?

Okay so I have an FC40, I know that it runs on a different frequency and therefore it's limited in some capacity (the stock camera is not very good). I tried a year ago or so to put a Sony Action camera on it, I even printed the plastic parts to make my own gimble from some parts I bought online.

In the end it didn't work very well, I just don't have the time to get it working and frakly the plastic printed parts were lousy, and the Sony action Camera app was glitchy.

So I want to get a used GoPro 3 (not sure what model), and a cheap gimble (that will work without much fuss). What type of Gopro 3 should I get and what gimble?
Since no one has responded yet, I'll try to help. I have the P1 Phantoms. The gopro white will work well and if used, it should be cheap to aquire one. As far as a cheap gimbal...the Walkera G2D white plastic is light, about $70, and works ok. Simple to install . You don't even have to open quad. You can use the power leads by one leg of your quad or a small second battery. There are cheaper gimbals out there but I can't comment on them. This is what I have experience with. I recently bought the Walkera G3D 3 axis gimbal and am testing it. You can look under the P1 section and see my videos with these.

Thanks for the reply, I now realize that I should have likely posted this in the P1 forum. Truth be told I've been away from my drone for like 16 months so I need to relearn everything.

What type of Go Pro 3 do people recommend? I'm going to find one used and see there are all different types (white, sliver, black, Hero).

Also I have my DJI already set for powering a gimbal (since I did install a homebrew solution in the past). I also have the leads that should allow me to control the gimbal's pitch, but never got it to work properly. Is that Walkera G2D still what you'd recommend?

Thanks for the reply, I now hassle ize that I should have likely posted this in the P1 forum. Truth be told I've been away from my drone for like 16 months so I need to relearn everything.

What type of Go Pro 3 do people recommend? I'm going to find one used and see there are all different types (white, sliver, black, Hero).

Also I have my DJI already set for powering a gimbal (since I did install a homebrew solution in the past). I also have the leads that should allow me to control the gimbal's pitch, but never got it to work properly. Is that Walkera G2D still what you'd recommend?
I wanted a gimbal that could just be connected under my P1 without a lot of hassle and opening the quad. The Walkera G2D fit that bill. Just apply power and it works. No computer or programming needed. The Walkera G3D is the same. I don't have the pitch control connected. Don't care. The pitch can be set prior to flight with supplied plastic screwdriver. Gopro...I have the White edition that works great. Found it in a pawn shop 2 years ago for $60. I even got the LCD viewing screen with it for that price. The fancier gopros have more options but do you need that?

Don't need any fancy items, but I'd like to be able to connect with the camera on my phone so I can see what I'm aiming at. I would like to enable pitch control since I already rang the wire for it. Can the walkera G3D work with pitch control?

Don't need any fancy items, but I'd like to be able to connect with the camera on my phone so I can see what I'm aiming at. I would like to enable pitch control since I already rang the wire for it. Can the walkera G3D work with pitch control?
Yes It works with pitch if you hook it up that way. Since the FC 40 operates on 5.8 and the gopro wifi uses 2.4 gh. you can view the video on a smartphone or tablet although the range will probably be of short distance. ,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan