Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FC40 not connecting to controller

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by Freddy Birch, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Freddy Birch

Hello!
    I recently purchased a (used) FC40 without battery, so i had to buy a new one.
    The connectors inside the aircraft needed soldering because some of the insulation on one of the wires to the battery was gone.

I tested the aircraft with a battery, it connected successfully to the controller, and i managed to start the propellers before the remote LED on the front of the FC40 started to blink. I guess it was because lack of GPS-calibration. But i found out the the aircraft was fully working.

So i changed the battery wire, put the drone back together, but when i turned on the RC and then the aircraft, the remote LED only blink orange.
    I have tried to pair it with the aircraft over and over, but nothing happens.
    The red/orange blinking light inside the drone lights up red when the RC is not turned on, and blink orange and red when i press the button to pair it. And of corse the LED turns off when i turn on the RC.

In the manual it says when the remote LED blink orange, the transmitter signal is lost.

Can someone help!?

-Freddy.

2. Beario

3. Freddy Birch

It's not a new transmitter. Just suddenly stopped working.

But the problem is solved. Somewhere on Youtube someone said to change the receiver type from PPM to D-Bus. This did not work either. But last night, when i tried to pair the RC again, i changed back to D-Bus. Suddenly the sliders on the stick calibration etc. was moving.

4. Beario

Glad you were able to get things solved:)

5. photoman63

I just installed the mini iosd with the NAZA pmu v2 now my pc can't find the controller. Any ideas??