FC40 Camera FPV Wifi Booster.

UPDATES:

Sorry I have not posted on this topic, but I have lots of information and updates :) First I want to thank J James, Dtitus, and my neighbor for retrieval and for helping me to think up some news ideas. Okay, now onto the updates. I've wasted quite a bit of money trying to extend the range of the FC40 camera, but the good thing is that we have many options if we want to use it. If you use a repeater like Amped or Hawking (I'm not 100% sure about the Hawking), you HAVE to check your booster to see the max power you can input into it. I got an attenuator from radioshack to add to it, but I dont think it needs it. Also, the antenna that you use has to be a good one. I was lucky enough to have an antenna that handles it well. It is rated at out to 4 miles. That being said, I also found that you do not need a high power booster. I used 3 boosters for testing and the 8W booster had the poorest performance of all of them. The best performance was from Sunhans 2.5W and 5W boosters. Sunhans makes really good boosters I think I will stick with them if I need anything in the future. Also, I have surprises for anyone with an android tablet or Kindle fire :D I will just summarize everything for anyone tired of reading already :D

1). The best performance combination for tripod is the Amped repeater powered down and with a Sunhans 5w booster and 14 dbi antenna. I got out to 4917 feet before I had troubles with the controller (batteries). By the way this is not an urban environment I am in the woods out here. The quad flew itself back and landed, but I was able to nervously see it all on video.

2). The best portable combination requiring no tripod is to attach a Sunhans 2.5W booster to a kindle or android tablet. I got out to 3967 feet. The Kindles have really good wifi cards in them I was really impressed.

I will be able to get out soon and try a few more things, but I just wanted to share this :D

Awesome, I love my sunhans 2.5w. I bought a cheap 5w to start and got a lot of interference with it so it it pretty much useless.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl