Fat shark issues out of the box

Reaction score
Hi
I put an order in a few days ago and spoke to a guy who help me order what I needed to set up the fatshark system on my DJI phantom I received everything yesterday but Im thinking I got a bad unit as the transmitter will not work. The goggles work fine when connected straight to the camera via the cable but the transmitter gets SUPER SUPER hot when you connect the battery that was supplied to the connector. It got so hot it burned a blister on my finger and melted the plastic rap. I first thought I had did something wrong but double checked myself as I did what I could make out of the very not so informative instructions. I did some research online and see where a few others had came across this issue and found they had a defective transmitter when i hook the transmitter up to the battery and the Go pro camera with the excessive heat I only get a snowy picture on all channels. Im new to this and if anyone could ahead some light on this I would deeply appreciate it. Thanks

I have the Predator V2 and can confirm that the heat shield on the transmitter gets incredibly hot during normal operation. I have not burned my finger, but I imagine that if I held it on there long enough it would burn... Mine works fine out to about 1km. I understand that the heat is normal based on what I have read from others.

But if yours has melted through the plastic, I'm thinking you should aim to get it replaced.

did you follow instruction and attached the antenna BEFORE you connected power to the transmitter? i think there is a warning somewhere about the transmitter over heating if you powered the transmitter without the antenna.

auck said:
did you follow instruction and attached the antenna BEFORE you connected power to the transmitter? i think there is a warning somewhere about the transmitter over heating if you powered the transmitter without the antenna.
Yes I attached the antenna before hand it works now but just gets hot as hell to the touch

I guess you just want to make sure the antenna is screwed in really good, as I think the heat is a result of it being unable to send a signal to an antenna. check the pin inside the antenna too perhaps.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl