Fair deal for this Phantom 3 professional?

Reaction score
Whats up guys, so Im in a little predicament currently and not sure what to do. Seems like I always get into these things. Yesterday, as crazy as this sounds I sold my DJI Mavic Pro for $1,200. $200 more than what I paid. I wasn't really satisfied with the quality of the video footage and focus, and needing ND filters to fix these small problems in my videos....

I had the P3P a while ago before and it was awesome for me. I had 4 batteries and tons of accessories and I remember paying around $700ish..

For what Im doing, I am creating recreational videos for my clothing line to pretty much post on instagram and what not. im in the process of studying for the 107 course exam and i eventually want to work my way up to getting paid for real estate and what not... but that will come down the road.

I found a P3P on Facebook someone is selling, says 3 flights on the bird, comes with 4 batteries for $700. He said it was purchased last August from DSLR.

OR....

Spend $1,000 for a Phantom 4 with 4 batteries, DJI custom bookbag.

vmxeg9.jpg

Im not worried about crashing or losing my drone, I have state farm insurance policy and full coverage. Sensors are nice or what ever but im not worried about crashing.... I just want to take SOLID photos and videos for clients and promotional videos for my company...... As of right now, i am not traveling far if im even traveling. So the Mavic wasn't too keen for me.

What would you do?? I was hoping to save a few hundred extra dollars and use $150 for the 107 exam and buy some good filters with the rest.

What do you think?

First off the videos you're making are already "Commercial" so you may want to study up and take the test MUCH sooner than later. You're opening yourself and your company up to problems operating as you are.

I've been more than pleased with my P3P (even shooting some high end TV stuff) so I am partial BUT... I've never flown a P4 so I can't make a fair comparison of those two.

First off the videos you're making are already "Commercial" so you may want to study up and take the test MUCH sooner than later. You're opening yourself and your company up to problems operating as you are.

I've been more than pleased with my P3P (even shooting some high end TV stuff) so I am partial BUT... I've never flown a P4 so I can't make a fair comparison of those two.

It's a new business and I'm not making money yet so settle down deputy drone police.

I asked for advice on the two drones

It's a new business and I'm not making money yet so settle down deputy drone police.

I asked for advice on the two drones
LOL you really have no clue do you? You might want to study the Part 107 materials a bit closer. Regardless if you're making money it's part of a business! No grey area and if you don't believe me call the local FSDO. They'll set you straight.

Unless my mind is flawed I DID respond to your basic question.

Reactions: Numone
I am creating recreational videos for my clothing line

No such thing as "Recreational" videos for a clothing line that you're promoting. If any aspect of the pics/video can better a business in ANY way the flight is NOT recreational.

BigA knows his stuff and he's correct. But re. your HW question, sounds like you had a great experience with your P3P so I'd go for that and spend the rest on your 107. And you're lucky - the UK equivalent is 3 days and $1,500!

Reactions: BigAl07
Oh ok because I read that if you're exchanging GOODS/MONEY that is considered a no-no.

Ok thanks for the awesome advice :)

BigA107 is correct. Promotional videos for your company are a commercial operation. It's not the FAA's fault if your business isn't making money.

It would be wise not to get chippy when someone that knows their stuff offers you good advice. Especially when it could keep you and your business out of trouble.

My vote is for the P3P. Same camera as the P4.

Good luck and hope you get you license soon!

Reactions: First_Dano
BigA107 is correct. Promotional videos for your company are a commercial operation. It's not the FAA's fault if your business isn't making money.

It would be wise not to get chippy when someone that knows their stuff offers you good advice. Especially when it could keep you and your business out of trouble.

My vote is for the P3P. Same camera as the P4.

Good luck and hope you get you license soon!

Nobody getting chippy here lol.. relax now Simmer down

Been shooting with p3p and I run a production company. P3p looks better, if you're into cable ties and super glue/baking soda. And is cheaper over all. Just takes more practice and research to get the most out of your drone. P3p is better choice.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irish_phantom