Failsafe or manual- which is best to set up?

Reaction score
If I use the third setting currently set to ATTI on S1 which might be more useful- failsafe or manual? I guess that as manual requires much more expertise to fly, failsafe is best. In the instructions they warn you not to turn off the transmitter to trigger a failsafe unless really needed. But don't seem to give that warning is you use the failsafe on the S1 switch. Is that because it is easier to regain control once triggered? Also if you can regain control by going to ATTI Mode- once control is regained can you them select the GPS ATTI mode or do you need to stick with ATTI mode?

cheers

I think I have been there at least once. I was flying and suddenly the bird started climbing and would not respond. S1 was in bottom position...I had been flying Atti. I must assume I inadvertently flipped S1 to bottom position and triggered RTH. I went back to Atti...nothing...then to GPS and regained control. I think, even if RTH is triggered by distance/signal loss, while flying in GPS or ATTI, the manual states you have to flip from ATTI to GPS. Once back in control you can go back to Atti.

That is my understanding. If I have that wrong I hope someone corrects BOTH of us.

If your not 100% comfortable in atti mode dont bother with manual mode yet. You should only enable manual if you actually want to fly or learn to fly in this mode, never as a last resort failsafe if you have never used it before. Manual also needs very good orientation awareness so useless at longer range unless in fpv. I do enjoy the mode but only once you find atti mode a bit too limiting should you start experimenting with it.

Setting this final mode position switch to rth is a great option, I would never want to turn the radio off in flight. Using the switch or losing range control recovery is done by simply going from gps to atti mode. If you turn the radio off you also need a couple more steps as described in the manual but turning off the radio should be absolutely the last resort so rth set switch is highly recommended.

On other radios you can set it up to have all modes available as I do on the futaba with 3 position for gps, atti and manual with another switch that forces rth in any mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl