Failed to start mission question

Reaction score
I'm just learning the Litchi app. I tried to execute a mission over the weekend and got a 'Failed to Start Mission' warning and of course, the mission wouldn't execute.

The warning note (reason GS_Result_mission_Radius_over_limited) didn't make sense.

Here's the Healthy Drones read out. What did I do wrong?

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Reactions: ldallara924
You need to set a greater max flight distance (with aircraft connected so setting gets uploaded). The proposed mission would have exceeded the current setting.

Reactions: ldallara924
Make sure your 3D distance inbetween waypoints must not violate this distance criteria of not less than 0.5 meter or more than 2000 meters. This also applies to the 3D distance inbetween the first and last waypoint.

I'm just learning the Litchi app. I tried to execute a mission over the weekend and got a 'Failed to Start Mission' warning and of course, the mission wouldn't execute.

The warning note (reason GS_Result_mission_Radius_over_limited) didn't make sense.

Here's the Healthy Drones read out. What did I do wrong?

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Make sure your 3D distance inbetween waypoints must not violate this distance criteria of not less than 0.5 meter or more than 2000 meters. This also applies to the 3D distance inbetween the first and last waypoint.
I susoect the issue you describe here would return a "danping error" from the flight controller module in the SDK. This error encountered by the OP is within the Ground Station code and returned when the mission contains waypoints outside the max distance setting un the aircraft.

What do you mean by "...3D distance"?...is this different from max distance?

I susoect the issue you describe here would return a "danping error" from the flight controller module in the SDK. This error encountered by the OP is within the Ground Station code and returned when the mission contains waypoints outside the max distance setting un the aircraft.
'Birds', you talk about "...a danping error"...what's that?

Some clarification please?

'Birds', you talk about "...a danping error"...what's that?

Some clarification please?
Damping error can be returned by the flight controller component of the DJI SDK when the mission is uploaded (relates to the curves described by the waypoints being outsude a particular range). I dont yjink that is your issue. I suspect you will find your planned mission would have taken you outside the maximum distance from home stored in the aircraft. Fire up DJI go with the aircraft connected and you can easily change that setting.

Damping error can be returned by the flight controller component of the DJI SDK when the mission is uploaded (relates to the curves described by the waypoints being outsude a particular range). I dont yjink that is your issue. I suspect you will find your planned mission would have taken you outside the maximum distance from home stored in the aircraft. Fire up DJI go with the aircraft connected and you can easily change that setting.

This was done (encountered) with the Litchi app not DJI GO, but it sounds like "two sides of the same coin" so to speak?

This was done (encountered) with the Litchi app not DJI GO, but it sounds like "two sides of the same coin" so to speak?
I understand your issue was in litchi. It uses the DJI SDK's and that is where the errors are generated.

I suggested you use the go app to check the maximum distance setting (it is stored in the phantom). You can probably check and change this setting in litchi also.

You will find that your attempted litchi mission would have flown outside the maximum flight distance setting. Thats why it could not execute. Im not sure how else i can explain this.

I understand your issue was in litchi. It uses the DJI SDK's and that is where the errors are generated.

I suggested you use the go app to check the maximum distance setting (it is stored in the phantom). You can probably check and change this setting in litchi also.

You will find that your attempted litchi mission would have flown outside the maximum flight distance setting. Thats why it could not execute. Im not sure how else i can explain this.

...copy that, understood. Thanks!

3D distance is your x, y and z axis. X being longitude, Y being latitude and Z being altitude.

3D distance as in it includes horizontal distance and vertical distance. If way point 1 to 2 is only 10' apart horizontally but wp2 is 200' higher, then the 3D distance is 200 something feet (no I am not going to calc the tangent) while the horizontal distance is only 10' and the vertical distance is 200'.

Correct. The 3D distance cannot be less that 0.5 meters and more than 2000 meters. This also includes the distance inbetween the last waypoint and the first. Otherwise you will get a "failed to upload mission"

Correct. The 3D distance cannot be less that 0.5 meters and more than 2000 meters. This also includes the distance inbetween the last waypoint and the first. Otherwise you will get a "failed to upload mission"
The OP didnt get a failed to upload error, the flight controller returned "mission_Radius_over_limited". The high level explanation being "The radius of the mission is over the acceptable limit". The mission planned would have exceeded the maximum flight distance recorded in the phantom (easily changed in DJI GO and probably the litchi interfaces).

The issue you are accurately describing returns a different error on failing to execute.

The OP didnt get a failed to upload error, the flight controller returned "mission_Radius_over_limited". The high level explanation being "The radius of the mission is over the acceptable limit". The mission planned would have exceeded the maximum flight distance recorded in the phantom (easily changed in DJI GO and probably the litchi interfaces).

The issue you are accurately describing returns a different error on failing to execute.

This makes sense. Thanks for the other 3D explanations but 'Birds' is correct about the error message I described in my original post. I'll post the result after I make the corrections and fly through weekend.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl