Flawed Litchi Mission Question

You lost signal at waypoint 4 for quite a long time. It was not restored until somepoint near waypoint 5. At that point it was already in RTH or it just started. You will know more from the .dat file.

MISSION.PNG

Ooft! I am sorry. Here is the links.
FLY246.DAT
FLY255.DAT
I went thru the entire dat list, but could not find a file size to match that of the 3-18 mission in dat 246 for 3-22 the date of the mission in question.

You are overcomplicating this. The file in question is going to be in the range 247 - 252. FLY246 was on 3/18, and 253 was on 3/23 (GMT). FLY255 was another short power up timestamped 2018-03-23T02:42:56Z.

You are overcomplicating this. The file in question is going to be in the range 247 - 252. FLY246 was on 3/18, and 253 was on 3/23 (GMT). FLY255 was another short power up timestamped 2018-03-23T02:42:56Z.
Again, I was not able to find a file in that range and date of 3-22. I sent 246 as an example of similar flight done on 3-18. Im including a pic of the log. I feel like my dementia has started early:)
Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 273
Again, I was not able to find a file in that range and date of 3-22. I sent 246 as an example of similar flight done on 3-18. Im including a pic of the log. I feel like my dementia has started early:)
Thanks

Stop worrying about the file system timestamps. Based on your list, it's going to be FLY249.

At waypoint four it was to do a panorama, but did not. At waypoint 5 it was to start recording but did not until it came back into telemetry range. Also, it initiated RTH as it came into range again instead of continuing to final waypoint and then RTH.
As per the GE profile above, I suspect that the "actions" did not complete, due to loss of signal at both waypoints 4 and 5. As for the reason for RTH, that will need to be determined from the .dat file. Telemetry transmission has nothing to do with initiating RTH. Some actions do require a connection to function, as was stated previously.

As per the GE profile above, I suspect that the "actions" did not complete, due to loss of signal at both waypoints 4 and 5. As for the reason for RTH, that will need to be determined from the .dat file. Telemetry transmission has nothing to do with initiating RTH. Some actions do require a connection to function, as was stated previously.
Dawg, appreciate the input. As I read the manual again for the umteenth time, they only mention the gimble pitch as needing controller connection for pitch to change. Hopefully I can figure out which dat file to upload.

Also, just looking at this farther, your Airdata file does not match up with your mission plan. I had to look twice, but verify this.

The short flight is your Airdata file.

LITCHI vs FLIGHT.PNG

This can't be the correct log file. It is the same on Phantom Pilots.

Also, just looking at this farther, your Airdata file does not match up with your mission plan. I had to look twice, but verify this.

The short flight is your Airdata file.

View attachment 96660
Dawg, that is the flight and file. Airdata will not show data beyond controller range, hence the discrepancy between the airdata file and mission hub. The data quits at around 1754, and starts again at around same distance. A Treeline impeded controller range. Thats why the apparent rectangular flight in air data. Its showing only the start and end of the waypoint flight.

I was just typing a reversal.......sorry about that..... it was the GE wrapping that threw me off.

As requested.
FLY249.DAT
if this is it, strange the file date doesnt match flight date.
Thanks again.

That was the correct file. This was simply a smart battery go home event, initiated at 402 seconds between waypoints 3 and 4. The FC determined that there was insufficient battery reserve to continue the mission:

397.798 : 22249 Waypoint 3 reached, now I am in state 4 size is 6
397.798 : 22249 Ready to handle action [340.29]
401.698 : 22444 [Ctrl<11>] REQ_BATTERY NAVI_GO_HOME ctrl_navi_go_home

screenshot117.jpg

This looks better from the .dat file. Smart Battery RTH.

Battery Go Home.PNG

That was the correct file. This was simply a smart battery go home event, initiated at 402 seconds between waypoints 3 and 4. The FC determined that there was insufficient battery reserve to continue the mission:

397.798 : 22249 Waypoint 3 reached, now I am in state 4 size is 6
397.798 : 22249 Ready to handle action [340.29]
401.698 : 22444 [Ctrl<11>] REQ_BATTERY NAVI_GO_HOME ctrl_navi_go_home

View attachment 96669
Thanks, I sort of figured, but, previous mission on 3-18 flew the route flawlessly with 30% battery left. I wonder if winds aloft were an issue. I noticed breeze had picked up a bit from 8mph when I left house. And ac was flying upwind a bit(quartering). Didn't check the winds aloft as I should have. Wonder if I can get winds aloft from a previous date somewhere. I use UAV Forecast, but neglected to check prior to flight.
Really appreciate your patience. That said, how the heck can you determine correct dat file if dates dont match flight date?? First time I ever looked at the on board log file. Is there a program out there for reading the dat files available to average flyer.
Thanks

T.......That said, how the heck can you determine correct dat file if dates dont match flight date??.....
Thanks
This can be tricky, as you discovered. But look here for some info on picking the right .DAT

How to retrieve a .DAT

Last edited:
Thanks, I sort of figured, but, previous mission on 3-18 flew the route flawlessly with 30% battery left. I wonder if winds aloft were an issue. I noticed breeze had picked up a bit from 8mph when I left house. And ac was flying upwind a bit(quartering). Didn't check the winds aloft as I should have. Wonder if I can get winds aloft from a previous date somewhere. I use UAV Forecast, but neglected to check prior to flight.
Really appreciate your patience. That said, how the heck can you determine correct dat file if dates dont match flight date?? First time I ever looked at the on board log file. Is there a program out there for reading the dat files available to average flyer.
Thanks

The comparison with the previous flight with the same mission is interesting:

FLY246_249_01.png

Comparing the smart battery % and smart battery GoHome % values the two flights look quite similar, but the RTH on the later flight was apparently triggered by the sag in battery percentage at 3800 m (solid red trace) that was much less pronounced on the earlier flight. Probably that was due to differences in the wind field.

But I'm still not sure quite how this worked - in other logs that I've looked at, smart RTH kicks in when the battery % drops below the GoHome %, but that's not what happened on these flights. Ideas? Comments?

The comparison with the previous flight with the same mission is interesting:

View attachment 96686

Comparing the smart battery % and smart battery GoHome % values the two flights look quite similar, but the RTH on the later flight was apparently triggered by the sag in battery percentage at 3800 m (solid red trace) that was much less pronounced on the earlier flight. Probably that was due to differences in the wind field.

But I'm still not sure quite how this worked - in other logs that I've looked at, smart RTH kicks in when the battery % drops below the GoHome %, but that's not what happened on these flights. Ideas? Comments?
The upwind lag,both for that matter, is over two miles. That coupled with the wind diff must have been the difference.
Not clear on difference between smart RTH and Go Home%.
Was the same battery, so that variable can be taken out of the equation. Im not clear on how to interpret the graphs, just takes me time for clarity.
Thanks again

The upwind lag,both for that matter, is over two miles. That coupled with the wind diff must have been the difference.
Not clear on difference between smart RTH and Go Home%.
Was the same battery, so that variable can be taken out of the equation. Im not clear on how to interpret the graphs, just takes me time for clarity.
Thanks again

The solid lines are the smart battery % readings. I'm used to seeing them decrease much more smoothly than that.

The dotted lines are the smart battery "go home" estimates, which I normally expect to be an estimate of what remaining battery percentage is needed to get home from the current location. Those go up as the aircraft heads away from the homepoint, and then decrease again as it heads back. Those look about right, but then RTH should be triggered when the battery percentage falls below them, which it was not in either of these flights.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez