Fail safe mode question..

Reaction score
Hello, everybody. I drove my p2 for the first time today (not to bad for a first time). The only thing i've done before flying was calibrate the gps green light blinking. I was wondering if doing that (calibrating the gps) will activate the fail safe mode and the return home mode.. Thanks.. (Go easy on me i'm a total rookie)

Hello, everybody. I drove my p2 for the first time today (not to bad for a first time). The only thing i've done before flying was calibrate the gps green light blinking. I was wondering if doing that (calibrating the gps) will activate the fail safe mode and the return home mode.. Thanks.. (Go easy on me i'm a total rookie)
You probably mean that you calibrated the compass. You can't calibrate the GPS, it works just fine without any help.
Calibrating the compass helps your compass understand the magnetic environment it has to work in so that what it senses is north really is north.
That allows it to fly straight.
For more info on compass calibration see this thread Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer | DJI Phantom Forum
RTH is a completely different system and one of the most important to understand and practice so that you know how it works and how to use it when/if you need to..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl