FAA Violation - Another Idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of comments on the channel are saying it’s fake. Hard to tell in this day and age. I hope it’s fake.

Some of the items people are picking apart are:
- Flaps not being deployed. They look like they are down to me.....
- No vehicle traffic on the ground. I’ve watched the video 3 or more times now and can’t find any traffic on the ground either.
- Computer generated buildings in the distances. I can’t tell.
- The plane appears from nowhere. This seems to be the case when I watched it too. Could be the horrible quality, but it look as if the plane just appears. Kind of seems that when you can see it, that it is a lot lower than the hills behind it. It kind of gave me the illusion that it flew out of the hills..... Hmmm this is Vegas right? Right down the road from Area 51? Maybe it did fly out of the hills.
On the other side of the comments, people are with no doubt saying it’s real. Someone posted they have watched other videos of the same pilot flying over the same ranch.

Pretty Crazy

Edit: I spotted a moving car that moves right underneath the plane:)

Reactions: gordone22
A lot of comments on the channel are saying it’s fake. Hard to tell in this day and age. I hope it’s fake.

Some of the items people are picking apart are:
- Flaps not being deployed. They look like they are down to me.....
- No vehicle traffic on the ground. I’ve watched the video 3 or more times now and can’t find any traffic on the ground either.
- Computer generated buildings in the distances. I can’t tell.
- The plane appears from nowhere. This seems to be the case when I watched it too. Could be the horrible quality, but it look as if the plane just appears. Kind of seems that when you can see it, that it is a lot lower than the hills behind it. It kind of gave me the illusion that it flew out of the hills..... Hmmm this is Vegas right? Right down the road from Area 51? Maybe it did fly out of the hills.
On the other side of the comments, people are with no doubt saying it’s real. Someone posted they have watched other videos of the same pilot flying over the same ranch.

Pretty Crazy

Edit: I spotted a moving car that moves right underneath the plane:)

Can’t tell on my mobile device... Do you see any heat distortion behind engines as it passes underneath?

Last edited:
Can’t tell
On my

Can’t tell on my mobile device... Do you see any heat distortion behind engines as it passes underneath?
I’m back on a mobile too.

I can’t see anything however in the form of heat distortion.

It looks like about 15 degree flaps or more on that Scarebus 319 (Airbus 319) on approach. What caught my eye is NO I.d. lights are visible in the video.

No Nav lights (red/green) or any anti-collision beacons (red) on top of the fuselage, or any strobes. Even if we couldn’t see color, we should still see the flash. Should also get a glimpse of landing lights on approach early in the video.

Incidents like these, if true, scare the hell out of me. As a corporate pilot I fly clients in and out of McCarran several times a month.

Let’s hope it’s fake.

Google Earth coordinates put the overflight at 36.072519 -115.055973. If someone has the IAP chart they might know the approach altitude at that point since it is about 3.9 miles out from runway 26L. I'd guess the FPV to be maybe 50 feet over the plane.

The "I found the random SD card" seems a bit of a stretch.

cool but fake af. the plane clearly just pops out of nowhere is not moving for a moment and then begins getting closer. fake fake.

Reactions: BigAl07
I've watched it maybe a dozen times and (IMHO) it doesn't look like real-world video. We've all seen ground detail in drone videos shot many hundreds of feet up, so compare what you've seen to what's in that video. The lack of real world detail mentioned above could explain a lot. l could be way off on this but, the detailing in that video looks more like footage from a drone simulator.

Reactions: N017RW and BigAl07
This guy is one of those drone racers. They have skills but are always looking for a new high. What if he had effed up and gotten his drone sucked into the planes engine? Ahole

I’m wondering if a drone this size would actually cause any damage or pose a risk to the Airbus if it had collided.

How could he even get the drone to take off? The DJI app blocks take off if you are close to major airports.

Real, fake, whatever. Doesn't matter. This was pasted all over national news tv the other night and it was real as can be to millions of viewers. If real, the guy's a complete butthole. If fake, the guy's a complete butthole.

Reactions: why
I think its fake. The jet just pops up out of nowhere. I watched it on a big screen with the wife and just asked her what she noticed about the video and her first remark was that the jet just pops up on the screen. I know that's not very scientific but she had no idea what I was looking for or why.

The motorcycle industry in the USA had major problems around 20 years ago with people killing or injuring themselves on 4WHweelers. The government was going to outlaw them. Instead, the Motorcycle Industry required anyone who was going to buy a 4Wheeler take a course and past a safety test first. I submit, that you have to pass your 107 and take License to where ever you are purchasing your drone, and have the dealer register your drone on the spot so that if you do break the law, it makes it easier for the FAA to track you down and charge you with a crime, More work for dealers, and sellers Yes!, More pressure on Manufacturers Yes!, Will some people get away with breaking the law Yes! But to the nonflying public, it looks good, it will catch some bad guys and it will also prevent the random dumb *** that does not want to take the time to study from getting a drone in the 1st place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures