FAA Testing Drone impacts on people

First, I'm a fan... the MythBusters did (serious injury/fatal?) head-on, neck-strike, tests in their last Season.

Their human analog did not receive "serious injury" (a deep vein laceration) until they used an Octo with CF props.

This did not include any consideration of dermal disfigurement from any skin/prop interaction that ANY payload carrying 'hobby' drone could cause. Stitches, scarring, eye trauma and other life-changing injuries were not mentioned!!!

I hope I'm never struck by one.

Last edited:
One of the comments below the article is disturbing:

Davis Quest ·
Missouri State University
I have found that the best way of dealing with drones is with a 20 gauge shotgun. First, make a semi silencer out of an empty gallon milk jug by cutting a hole in the spout end so you can slide the barrel inside. Tape it to the barrel and cut out a 3inch hole from the bottom. Fill the jug with newspaper crammed in around the barrel. use Bird Shot #6 for shells. Easy to destroy drone with 1 shot from 75-100 feet. A bit more challenging if 200 feet or more but I'm 5 out of 6 so far and getting better at replenishing the muffler.

It is disturbing that someone considers it OK to use a drone as a target, particularly if he/she provides "how to" instructions. Is there a way to bring this to the attention of appropriate enforcement?

Might try forwarding his posts to the FAA inforcement department

Reactions: dirkclod
One of the comments below the article is disturbing:
Might try forwarding his posts to the FAA inforcement department

It is disturbing that someone considers it OK to use a drone as a target, particularly if he/she provides "how to" instructions. Is there a way to bring this to the attention of appropriate enforcement?

Or to BATFE since he would be making an illegal suppressor, and BATFE is very interested in finding people doing that and putting a hammer on them. The FAA seems less interested in pursuing people who shoot at drones.

Or to BATFE since he would be making an illegal suppressor, and BATFE is very interested in finding people doing that and putting a hammer on them. The FAA seems less interested in pursuing people who shoot at drones.

Not really......

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3