FAA Registration Rules Announced NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
...........well instead of purchasing the next P4, I might just buy another handgun instead..........at least its somewhat protected.:cool:
At least in 2 yrs I will be able to take the gun out of my backyard, so much for UAVs

If jackass is dumb enough to fly into a stadium, you assume jackass is smart enough to register. How do you catch him... if it's not registered? You don't. The rule does nothing but raise money for the FAA to create a web site and gather your financial and perosnal info(to be later stolen or "hacked").

you think there are no serial numbers or bar code inside your drone ? If they want to find the owner bad enough they will. I am going to register, it is a no brainer, why run the risk ?

back to my original question can you fly within 5 miles from an airport

you think there are no serial numbers or bar code inside your drone ? If they want to find the owner bad enough they will. I am going to register, it is a no brainer, why run the risk ?

What does that have to do with this registration? You don't have to provide the serial number.

...........well instead of purchasing the next P4, I might just buy another handgun instead..........at least its somewhat protected.:cool:
At least in 2 yrs I will be able to take the gun out of my backyard, so much for UAVs
Get a rifle instead. Then you can shoot the illegal drones out of there back yard! Don't forget to get the serial number too so you can report it.

I am not sure what all the fuss is about. When they first had cars, there was likely no registration at all. Then as they grew in numbers, there was an increasing frequency of incidents. People decided it was probably best if cars could have some sort of identification that makes them accountable should something bad happen.

Fast forward to now and we all have license plates on all our cars. I don't see many people freaking out over it (except maybe at the DMV). I don't see it being a big invasion of my liberties that I have to obey certain rules when I drive. I don't agree with all the rules and sometimes I might very well break 'em! But I'm still glad they're there.

Finally, just keep in mind when you fly your drone, if something goes wrong, you could be out a lot of money. If however, you're in a C172 and something goes wrong (e.g. you take a Phantom through the Lexan), you might be staring at your own mortality. It's a big difference when lives are at stake.

Reactions: Meta4 and GoodnNuff
It's really not a law.....it is a regulation. Laws have a different route they must follow. But aside from that, I see no problem with it really. Most people that fly drones and ( or) rc' of any kind are for the most part responsible people. Five dollars every three years is nothing, even a 13 year old can afford that.....lol. The only problem I can see is with the Government itself. what the hell are they gonna do with all the money they make? they have to regulate it...it the nature of the political system we live in. I will fly within the rules, what they set forth is not bad. I have read the whole **** thing. What worries me is State and Local Governments will also put the money hand into it as well, along with even more rules. Hell in
Lake county Indiana out can not fly your drone along Lake Michigan...wtf? Now you can't take video or pictures a beautiful lake shore...? I live out in the country, so I don't have some of this sues that city folks will have. But they could at least take that money and set aside areas that we could fly that have the great photo pops that we would like to see. A lot of this stems from the fact the drones have a bad name as "spying devices". Some bad publicity? **** mine is not quiet at all. I couldn't sneak up on a deaf man with all the noise they make. But that is the stuff we have to deal with. So I will just pay them my 5 dollars ( in three years) cause I am gonna get mine done early so I get my money back...lol, and I am gonna just fly my drone legally I guess....just my rant...hope I hurt no feelings. Keep on flyin'

If however, you're in a C172 and something goes wrong (e.g. you take a Phantom through the Lexan), you might be staring at your own mortality. It's a big difference.

Keep your C172 above 400 feet over my house and that won't be an issue.... just sayin'

i live near jfk airport, ill register for free and use my "drone" in my backyard or by the park under 100 ft in the summer i go upstate no airplanes and almost no law enforcement so there ill fly however the hell i want

Keep your C172 above 400 feet over my house and that won't be an issue.... just sayin'
....all the scare about airplane windshields and drones......I think they need to add legislation to make all the planes use an auto shatterproof windshield instead of lexan. Why stop legislation at UAVs?

Below 400' is airspace used by many many types of manned aircraft. Drones have to share that space responsibly.

Heck I wish I could spell.......lol

So I will just pay them my 5 dollars ( in three years) cause I am gonna get mine done early so I get my money back...

I hope the FAA's website is more secure than the healthcare.gov and your credit card or personal data isn't stolen. That's far more expensive than 5 dollars.

Also keep in mind, this is not the final requirements... but once they get all you people registered early so you can save the 5 dollars, that's when they'll announce the final requirements and in that, you'll have to have insurance on it too.

insurance, yay for me im under 19 so ive got FREE ama membership which has insurance

Not yet ... so be bewie bweie qwiet! ;)
your too late the faa already saw ur pic and has notified the gov get ready for another 5 dollar fee

Reactions: Flyer91
Reactions: Navigator181
Over residential areas?
Anywhere. Not common in all areas but certainly possible. I was at Center Studios in DTLA the other day when an apache helicopter blasted right over us at less than 200ft AGL. Scared the bejeezus out of everyone!

Reactions: Flyer91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures