FAA REGISTRATION IS SIMPLE

I'm with Gadgetguy on the prepaid Visa and I used my junk mail PO Box with junk gmail addy too. Why?

...because I just know someone is going to hack the FAA data, I do not need my CC stolen or any more junk mail and spam.

Nor did I find it simple, the site locked up, stopped, errors several times and then after 20 frustrating but persistent minutes, I got it done. Typical of the current administrations efforts on anything.

When and how did you decide that?
The thread is titled, "FAA Registration is Simple"
Nothing about who and why...nor did you ask that in your first post.
Every thread has a life of it's own. This train has already left the station.:cool:
While I try not to hijack threads there is a lot of truth in what you say. Threads do veer off in some interesting directions and no one seems to care once the original point is discussed.
This thread, if it had stayed on topic would have been very short. The OP would have said the process is easy. The next poster would have said it isn't. The someone would have said that easy or not, he's not doing it. Then finally someone would have said what the heck, do it anyway.
Hey, that is exactly how it went! So the thread ends here? Boring!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I registered, because I don't need the hassle. I'm not going to break any of the rules, so why not. Hey, I'm a magician and I had to register my rabbits with the USDA. That cost $40, and I get inspected every year. How crazy is that. I do understand some people hate the Government intruding, I respect that.
See what I mean?! If the thread had ended early would we know that magicians have to register their rabbits? Heck no.

Have you ever operated a motor vehicle in another country? Your argument suggests you have lived a very narrow, and limited, life so far ....
No, my argument suggests that because I am a world traveler, than doing the web registration is worthless.
So all those foreigners that registered on the web - waste of time: completely useless.
All those that enjoy traveling around the world and filming new places, and rushed to register - worthless.

But I guess that for those that, how did you put it, "have lived a very narrow, and limited, life so far", for example in Virginia, it does make sense to register....

My argument does actually show one other thing: that people fail to read. They fail to read contracts, they fail to read regulations, they fail to read requirements, and unfortunately, they fail to read forum posts....

Last edited:
Reactions: Gsujeff55
[snip] ...doing the web registration is worthless.
So all those foreigners that registered on the web - waste of time: completely useless. ll those that enjoy traveling around the world and filming new places
, and rushed to register - worthless.
[snip]
How is it that because you are a world traveler registration is worthless? How is it that for foreigners living in the USA registration is worthless. How is it that for "All those that enjoy traveling around the world and filming new places..." registration is worthless. All of those people get to fly legally in the USA after the effective date. Those who registered now saved $5.
Piss and moan all you like. Slant things as far as paranoia demands. It's the law of the land. Don't comply, but be prepared to pay the consequences if caught. Don't expect too many to march on Washington demanding justice for Foosy.

Reactions: N017RW
How is it that because you are a world traveler registration is worthless? How is it that for foreigners living in the USA registration is worthless. How is it that for "All those that enjoy traveling around the world and filming new places..." registration is worthless. All of those people get to fly legally in the USA after the effective date. Those who registered now saved $5.
Piss and moan all you like. Slant things as far as paranoia demands. It's the law of the land. Don't comply, but be prepared to pay the consequences if caught. Don't expect too many to march on Washington demanding justice for Foosy.

I think he's referring to you need an N-number to fly it in another country....but really who cares.

"
Traditional Aircraft Registration is available under 14 CFR Part 47 for:
  • Unmanned Aircraft that weigh 55 pounds or more,
  • sUA that need N-number registration to operate internationally,
  • sUA with loan, lease, or ownership documents to be recorded,
  • Recreational sUA owned by a company or other non-individuals,
  • sUA used for commercial or non-recreational purposes."

Classic case of taking things out of context and not reading the FAA requirements.

All I said was that the WEB REGISTRATION is worthless, and that is because, if you ever plan to take your drone outside the USA, you MUST DO A PAPER REGISTRATION, and the latter is not as easy or simple. (Don't know what else I can do other than all caps and underline, SMH)

I guess if you are such an abiding citizen, which I fully respect BTW, then you did the paper registration, right? Or you also didn't bother to read all the requirements...???

Reactions: Gsujeff55
No, my argument suggests that because I am a world traveler, than doing the web registration is worthless.
So all those foreigners that registered on the web - waste of time: completely useless.
All those that enjoy traveling around the world and filming new places, and rushed to register - worthless.

But I guess that for those that, how did you put it, "have lived a very narrow, and limited, life so far", for example in Virginia, it does make sense to register....

My argument does actually show one other thing: that people fail to read. They fail to read contracts, they fail to read regulations, they fail to read requirements, and unfortunately, they fail to read forum posts....
I think you're just spouting off more anti-government nonsense .....

I think you're just spouting off more anti-government nonsense .....
And I think you are just trolling.
Unfortunately, posts like yours are misleading the rest of the community, so for the sake of others I will rehash:
- If you plan on taking your phantom outside the USA, do the paper registration
- if you are only going to fly it in the USA, do the web registration

dronereg.jpg

Last edited:
Classic case of taking things out of context and not reading the FAA requirements.

All I said was that the WEB REGISTRATION is worthless, and that is because, if you ever plan to take your drone outside the USA, you MUST DO A PAPER REGISTRATION, and the latter is not as easy or simple. (Don't know what else I can do other than all caps and underline, SMH)

I guess if you are such an abiding citizen, which I fully respect BTW, then you did the paper registration, right? Or you also didn't bother to read all the requirements...???

I find it hilarious that people's lack of reading and comprehension skills lead them to make a foolish post. Then, when called out on the foolishness disappear into the abyss.

I find it hilarious that people's lack of reading and comprehension skills lead them to make a foolish post. Then, when called out on the foolishness disappear into the abyss.
Merry Christmas Gsujeff55. I didn't disappear into the abyss. I worked until 12, sent everyone home, did some last minute Christmas shopping and then used up a battery charge flying around on this amazing 66F NH day. Sometimes life gets in the way of fun on pp.com.

Merry Christmas Gsujeff55. I didn't disappear into the abyss. I worked until 12, sent everyone home, did some last minute Christmas shopping and then used up a battery charge flying around on this amazing 66F NH day. Sometimes life gets in the way of fun on pp.com.

Merry Christmas. I was fortunate enough to not have to work today!

[COMMENT]I'm not registering[/COMMENT]
I Guess you don't have a drivers license either or car registration. Hmmm. question what if you lost it and they found it with you registration numbers on it and you got it back because of that. Or do you just want to make some kid a lot happier they got a new drone

[COMMENT]I'm not registering[/COMMENT]
I Guess you don't have a drivers license either or car registration. Hmmm. question what if you lost it and they found it with you registration numbers on it and you got it back because of that. Or do you just want to make some kid a lot happier they got a new drone
WATCH THE VIDEO

I am also an AMA member and I'm going to take their advice and wait to see the outcome of their efforts with the FAA.
Until then I will dust off some old rockets and send them up over 5000 feet to see if they really can punch holes in the sky. I might even retrofit my R/C boats to fire torpedoes at pleasure craft who get in the way. Heck, I even have several 1/8 scale buggies to keep me occupied. They can deliver a much bigger payload than any hobby quad can. I have been so turned off by this ridiculous new infringement on freedom I might just sell all my fixed wing, heli's and quads. May as well make use of things I already own that have just been collecting dust and are just as much fun without the hassle.

Good to go here too. Like registering on your 18th B Day. AMA can fight the good fight. More power to them. Fly safe, Fly smart, Fly for fun,

I registered, because I don't need the hassle. I'm not going to break any of the rules, so why not. Hey, I'm a magician and I had to register my rabbits with the USDA. That cost $40, and I get inspected every year. How crazy is that. I do understand some people hate the Government intruding, I respect that.

I see info about the need to register. I want to do it, but I don't know which website to go to....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl