FAA registration for an N number

For me it took about 2 weeks to get the letter from the FAA saying that I missed some things that needed to be included. But it took about a week after I sent in the revisions to get the number. I didn't even get the "official" card in the mail yet, I did a search on N Numbers with my name, and there I was! It was approved on Tuesday.

I reserved my N# a couple of months ago but it was done online so pretty instant. I picked the #, paid ($5 or $10 I can't remember for sure), and in a week or so go my "personalized" N3 card in the mail.

Then when I had all of my ducks in a row (paperwork ready) I mailed the forms, notarized pages, and $10 to the FAA. It lacked 1 day of being exactly 2 weeks when I got the official registration card in the mail.

the number about 3 months for N # -my 333 exemption started in late July just appeared on the FAA docket
July 10th and mine posted to the docket November 4th.

On a POSITIVE note they were averaging between 10 - 30 new posts to the public docket a day (some days only a handful but that was usually just before or just after a holiday weekend LOL) but on November 4th they posted 160 to the public docket. WOW!

It took me just under 3 weeks with all the back and forths due mostly to my errors. One trick I learned is that when you send it in if it's in a Priority or Express Mail envelope it gets opened before all others. Adds expense but that seemed to make things work pretty quickly.

July 10th and mine posted to the docket November 4th.

On a POSITIVE note they were averaging between 10 - 30 new posts to the public docket a day (some days only a handful but that was usually just before or just after a holiday weekend LOL) but on November 4th they posted 160 to the public docket. WOW!
whats the time between posting and approval of 333 exemption?

whats the time between posting and approval of 333 exemption?
It's entirely based on back log, if you have to get additional information to them, and the phase of the moon.

There was a time not too long ago they were hitting 60 days. Recently the trend was around 90 days but now I see some (like mine) that is approaching 120 days. Unless I'm mistaken the submission/comment has to remain on the Public Docket for a min of 30 days unless someone is able to manually intervene for you. With the standard rules applied mine will be around 150 days start to finish (a W-A-G)

They must be using a new form... Just got mine in the mail and it seems very simplified. Hopefully they set me the right form.

Attachments

• 20151110_141047.jpg
    20151110_141047.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 606
That's the form just make SURE you make no mistakes or mark throughs and SIGN it!!!

You keep the PINK one with the aircraft (in the case etc) and when approved and the official one comes in you replace the pink one with the new one.

Reactions: virtualimpact
That's the form just make SURE you make no mistakes or mark throughs and SIGN it!!!

You keep the PINK one with the aircraft (in the case etc) and when approved and the official one comes in you replace the pink one with the new one.
Thank you very much!

That's why they send you two of them... lol.. Or that's the reason they sent me two, maybe they figured I would screw one up...

That's why they send you two of them... lol.. Or that's the reason they sent me two, maybe they figured I would screw one up...

That's exactly right. When I called and ordered mine the lady said, "Just to be safe I'll send a couple extra. Most people need at least (2) and this saves you from waiting on more and we only have to send one envelope"

She was right. I messed up my first one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I got my N Number stickers from UAVStickers today, so here's what I did with them... hopefully they are in good spots...

Just to show size of sheet:
N Number Stickers.jpg

Large sticker on top of Phantom:
N Number Sticker Large.jpg

Small sticker on side, and "Registered Aircraft" sticker on front:
N Number Sticker Small.jpg

I put the large ones on the rear arms and a small one on the battery pack.

How did you get them on the rear arms? Did you just stick them over the lines that are cut into it? And what about if you have to take the top shell off? I'd like one on the rear arm but can't seem to find a good place for it.

How did you get them on the rear arms? Did you just stick them over the lines that are cut into it? And what about if you have to take the top shell off? I'd like one on the rear arm but can't seem to find a good place for it.

Affirmative. :) I put it above the seam in case I have to open the shell. Similar to where uavstickers drone has it. I've already opened it once to replace my motors. It's a PITA!! :(

web%20faa%20close.jpg.opt388x338o0%2C0s388x338.jpg

Affirmative. :) I put it above the seam in case I have to open the shell. Similar to where uavstickers drone has it. I've already opened it once to replace my motors. It's a PITA!! :(

I had seen that picture. Looks like there's no avoiding the seam. Was thinking of sticking it there anyway, and take a sharp Xacto knife and cut the sticker in half along the seam. They give you 3 big ones, so I have 2 tries left... lol

And I'll be doing the GPS mod in a few days, so I'll be popping it open soon...

Ken I have used the sharp Xacto blade on my front stickers right in that seam and am in and out of it a lot .
Looks just like they did new .You got to stay right in that seam though .

Ken I have used the sharp Xacto blade on my front stickers right in that seam and am in and out of it a lot .
Looks just like they did new .You got to stay right in that seam though .

Oh yea, I've been inside my quad more times than... well... a lot! and that's what I did with the stripe stickers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94