FAA Part 107

Reaction score
Does the FAA still require you to have a pilots license to take the part 107 exam? What are the prerequisites to get your commercial UAS license? What's the cost?

Does the FAA still require you to have a pilots license to take the part 107 exam? What are the prerequisites to get your commercial UAS license? What's the cost?

You don't need a pilots license. There are no prerequisites other than passing a TSA screening, which is more of a post-requisite. The Part 107 exam costs $150.

Awesome. Thank again. I figure if I'm gonna have a hobby that flies a thousand dollar bill around in the sky I may as well put it to work. I'm a long way from getting my UAS license but that's something I want to start thinking about.

Awesome. Thank again. I figure if I'm gonna have a hobby that flies a thousand dollar bill around in the sky I may as well put it to work. I'm a long way from getting my UAS license but that's something I want to start thinking about.

I'm scheduled to take my Part 107 test Saturday morning, been studying for the last 3 weeks.

Reactions: The drone mafia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan