Exchanging P4P through Dji

Wasn't the P4 YoYo'ing fixed with a firmware update? I had it, too, and it went away after the update that purportedly fixed it. Sure was scary over water! :eek:
Yes, the new exchange craft I got back YoYo'd also. But that was right when the firmware fix was released, about a week after I got the new craft.

However my yoyo symptom was 40 to 60' yoyo's, not the 8' yoyo's associated with the firmware fix. What I didn't know at the time was the 40 to 60' yoyo's were caused by a gimbal guard I installed. And.... at the time DJI didn't know a gimbal guard would cause yoyoing. DJI told me to remove all accessories when I returned the craft, so I removed the gimbal guard. They never knew I had a gimbal guard, nor did they ask, nor did I suspect it to be the culprit, until after I shipped it. So they exchanged the craft. During the 9 day exchange period I learned from this forum that a gimbal guard causes the 40 to 60' yoyo.

Yes, the new exchange craft I got back YoYo'd also. But that was right when the firmware fix was released, about a week after I got the new craft.

However my yoyo symptom was 40 to 60' yoyo's, not the 8' yoyo's associated with the firmware fix. What I didn't know at the time was the 40 to 60' yoyo's were caused by a gimbal guard I installed. And.... at the time DJI didn't know a gimbal guard would cause yoyoing. DJI told me to remove all accessories when I returned the craft, so I removed the gimbal guard. They never knew I had a gimbal guard, nor did they ask, nor did I suspect it to be the culprit, until after I shipped it. So they exchanged the craft. During the 9 day exchange period I learned from this forum that a gimbal guard causes the 40 to 60' yoyo.
I remember those threads! We figured it out before they did! Time cures all ills with DJI equipment! Exchanging doesn't necessarily fix the problem, unless it is truly a lemon. Sometimes just waiting for our collective wisdom to figure out the cause and the solution is the best fix, along with new firmware updates.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT