ESC there's got to be a lower cost then $400

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a cheaper way to fix or repair the ESC. I know that it's on the mother board and that replacing seems to be the only option. But at $400 a pop for motherboards seems to be ridiculous.

Does anyone know of a cheaper way to fix or repair the ESC. I know that it's on the mother board and that replacing seems to be the only option. But at $400 a pop for motherboards seems to be ridiculous.

THANK YOU DJI!!!

Someone once told me that ESC's only fail within their 1 year warranty and after that, no one would need to worry about replacing that entire board.

[not you hyper]

New motors are so much better after all....

I had the same choice to make a few months ago, when my P3A was brought down by a hawk. Everything survived the crash, but when I tried to start the motors I got the "ESC error". Replace the entire MC was the only choice at that time too. I decided it was better value for me to replace the entire body of the quad. DJI sells them here for $680 US:
Buy Phantom 3 - Advanced/Professional Aircraft Body | DJI Store
You need to remount your current camera and gimbal, but for the extra cash you get a whole new copter. You'll also have to link your current R/C to the new bird, but that's easy enough to do.
Good luck with whatever choice you make.:)

I had the same choice to make a few months ago, when my P3A was brought down by a hawk. Everything survived the crash, but when I tried to start the motors I got the "ESC error". Replace the entire MC was the only choice at that time too. I decided it was better value for me to replace the entire body of the quad. DJI sells them here for $680 US:
Buy Phantom 3 - Advanced/Professional Aircraft Body | DJI Store
You need to remount your current camera and gimbal, but for the extra cash you get a whole new copter. You'll also have to link your current R/C to the new bird, but that's easy enough to do.
Good luck with whatever choice you make.:)

To me neither one is a bargain.

Hi Hyper, I have a body only P3A that I am looking to sell, Story is I attempted to add aftermarket lights and shorted out the board. I figured DJI wouldn't warranty it so I purchased a body with the board and motors and VPS. When later I had video feed issues I decided to send the original unit back to DJI and they not only repaired the video issue(It was something in the controller) But they replaced the whole bottom half of the craft with updated shell(old style motors though) So now I have a perfect body assembly I do not need(no battery, gimbal/camera or props but everything else) I would be willing to sell you this for $425 and you pay shipping. This will be less hassle since all you have to do is install gimbal/camera and connect to your RC and you're off. Let me know. It is exactly what DJI sells you for $680.

Sounds good. What is your address so I can figure the shipping and I could paypal you the money if you like, I will need to wait till I get paid next week as it is a hobby and the wife will kill me..

Wordsmith is that your video on you tube that shows a hawk bring it down.. really cool video to watch

Wordsmith is that your video on you tube that shows a hawk bring it down.. really cool video to watch
Yes, I've seen that video. It IS cool, but it's not mine. My P3 came down in dense bush (which kept it from being smashed to bits and saved the camera and gimbal), and the SD card popped out. Tried to find it, but couldn't. Just have the pictures in my head, now.

Yes, I've seen that video. It IS cool, but it's not mine. My P3 came down in dense bush (which kept it from being smashed to bits and saved the camera and gimbal), and the SD card popped out. Tried to find it, but couldn't. Just have the pictures in my head, now.

Well that's not a good media for storage. Soon it will be just another fading memory as time rolls by.

Reactions: wordsmith
Well that's not a good media for storage. Soon it will be just another fading memory as time rolls by.
Yeah, someone else always tells me that. She's my...um...that thing...you know...you live with them? Don't tell me, I'll remember it...Dog? No, she doesn't nag me. Well, I'll remember it sooner or later...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl