Emergency cut off doesn't work

I think the only proper way to test this is at 400 ft AGL, all other methods don't take into consideration any other variables which include altitude, wind, temperature, etc. Let us know how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Very silly video. All of this is explained in the manual, which the guy who made the video clearly hasn't read.

Bit harsh - latest firmware changed the delay in the way this works. I've not reread the manual to see if it's been updated nor would I.

Sent from Melbourne from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Pharm
Can't see how it's a silly video... So sorry if we are all not perfect like you and the sun shines out of your arse

Neon Euc
It does get a bit hot sometimes. You're welcome. ;)

C'mon, Neon! Where's your sense of humor? I KNOW you have one. I've seen it on here before.

Bit harsh - latest firmware changed the delay in the way this works. I've not reread the manual to see if it's been updated nor would I.

Sent from Melbourne from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I'm just saying that when I first got my bird 7-8 months ago, I remember the manual saying something to the effect of "doing a CSC will stop the motors EVEN in flight - for emergencies only (paraphrased)". I'll try to find it. If I'm wrong I'll put a cork in me wee arse so as not to blind anybody.

Edit:
From the manual (P3S)(p. 43):
"Do NOT perform the CSC command when the aircraft is flying in mid-air."

Last edited:
Pharm you are entirely missing the point - the latest Firmware changed how CSC operates - one needs to hold it for three seconds (no-doubt to minimise accidental CSC activation in flight). If you read the words OP stated since updating firmware... This is not about the manual contents, it's about a change in the way things work and felt your comment was harsh when someone asked about it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Pharm and Neon Euc
Pharm you are entirely missing the point - the latest Firmware changed how CSC operates - one needs to hold it for three seconds (no-doubt to minimise accidental CSC activation in flight). If you read the words OP stated since updating firmware... This is not about the manual contents, it's about a change in the way things work and felt your comment was harsh when someone asked about it.

Well I did do the CSC and I fell 3 seconds later....nice safety feature

I did it with my son he hovered my P3A just above my reaching hands did the CSC and it dropped around 6" into my hands..nice and safe not rocket science to do,just have to have some nerves....

It does get a bit hot sometimes. You're welcome. ;)

C'mon, Neon! Where's your sense of humor? I KNOW you have one. I've seen it on here before.
Lol sorry guys.... That was actually meant to be a tongue in cheek comment. Nothing vicious at all was meant. I didn't add the smily wink [emoji12] at the end. My bad lol made it look worse then what it was lol
Very silly video. All of this is explained in the manual, which the guy who made the video clearly hasn't read.

Neon Euc

Reactions: Pharm
Lol sorry guys.... That was actually meant to be a tongue in cheek comment. Nothing vicious at all was meant. I didn't add the smily wink [emoji12] at the end. My bad lol made it look worse then what it was lol

Neon Euc
See? I KNEW the real Neon was in there somewhere! All is good. I wasn't offended at all. I figured you were either having a REALLY bad day or that you were trying to be funny. HOWEVER, if you ever speak to me like that again I'm sending my mother-in-law to live with you and you WILL be sorry! :):)

Reactions: Neon Euc
See? I KNEW the real Neon was in there somewhere! All is good. I wasn't offended at all. I figured you were either having a REALLY bad day or that you were trying to be funny. HOWEVER, if you ever speak to me like that again I'm sending my mother-in-law to live with you and you WILL be sorry! :):)
[emoji23] [emoji23] I will send my ex wife in return, now that's pure evil [emoji14] [emoji14]

Neon Euc

No, I understood his question. I wasn't referring to Neon's video. I was referring to the "Mythbuster" type video in post #11. Neon knows what he's doing. I apologize if anyone thought I was ragging Neon or the poster of the "Mythbuster" video. I was only ragging the guy who created the video (hope it wasn't the guy who posted it!)

Reactions: Neon Euc
Just land it, left stick down - never tips over. I don't see why anyone would bother catching the thing - much more likely to drop it or fumble the catch and who really wants to catch the bird while stopping the motors. Seems like a lot of hassle when you can just land it and shut down with the left stick. So much more graceful than a hand catch.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164