Easiest and Most Effective Antenna Mod?

If you'll note 152ft. passed; looking forward to utilizing my ARGtek mod!!!
Location probably major factor for this outstanding P3S performance. Pushed until RTH initiated.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If you'll note 152ft. passed; looking forward to utilizing my ARGtek mod!!!
Location probably major factor for this outstanding P3S performance. Pushed until RTH initiated.

You might have found a gem there, you sure you want to put a ARGtek on it?

Mod already done over a month ago; not as impressed. Work schedule in
conflict with recreating flight conditions. This little platform has performed well despite a major incident involving my gutter in the
beginning.

Mod already done over a month ago; not as impressed. Work schedule in
conflict with recreating flight conditions. This little platform has performed well despite a major incident involving my gutter in the
beginning.

So it's stock or has the antenna mod ?? Which one?

I am able to get my max 500 meters witch is 1640 feet with my stock antenna. I'm curious as to how others are getting further distance with even with a modified antenna. I thought the 500 meters was a wall built into the P3S. Can that distance be overwritten?

I am able to get my max 500 meters witch is 1640 feet with my stock antenna. I'm curious as to how others are getting further distance with even with a modified antenna. I thought the 500 meters was a wall built into the P3S. Can that distance be overwritten?
First you didn't say whether you're in FCC or CE mode, in other words do you live in the state or some other part of the world. That's going to determine your maximum range. And as far as a 500-meter limit, it is not in the hardware nor the software but there is a distance limiter within the app that you can just simply turn it off.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mine is totally stock. I just did my best distance an hour ago, 863m. Previous best was 603m.
I guess your meaning shocked in a good way? Those are excellent ranges for a stock Standard.

Out of the box (rural)
6a8043122a9beaccde7c1ea61f8b1627.jpg

So from your follow-up post this is not out of the box, this is with a antenna modification.

I fly by the beach a lot and get pretty decent range. The other day I went 5400 feet no problem. Just on the way back my video would cut out some times. I am completely stock and plan on doing the bds mod here soon.
9803147d84576479195856ea4ca32b18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I fy by the beach a lot and get pretty decent range. The other day I went 5400 feet no problem. Just on the way back my video would cut out some times. I am completely stock and plan on doing the bds mod here soon.
9803147d84576479195856ea4ca32b18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Interested what DJI Go version that is ... looks a lot different to my screen.

Nigel

Interested what DJI Go version that is ... looks a lot different to my screen.

Nigel
It says on the bottom of his post it's an iPhone. Could that be it?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3