Dual Battery Mod

I have a question: How do you fly the dji batteries down to 0% ? It is doing auto-langin at 10%.

How can I charge it to 100% ? Most of the time I get 95-96% maybe 20 flights on the battery.

Thx

I have a question: How do you fly the dji batteries down to 0% ? It is doing auto-langin at 10%.

How can I charge it to 100% ? Most of the time I get 95-96% maybe 20 flights on the battery.

Thx

When your battery is done charging, leave it on the charger and push the button to turn the battery on. Now wait for several seconds and it will start to charge again. This is called topping off.

When your battery is done charging, leave it on the charger and push the button to turn the battery on. Now wait for several seconds and it will start to charge again. This is called topping off.
Are you saying to actually turn the battery on? I'm thinking so because just pushing the battery button doesn't jump it into charging for topoff that I've seen yet.

Reactions: Digdat0

Thx
Hey after battery has charged unplugg it turn battery on.then conect it to battery charger.this is call a forced charge! It will then be 100%.as far as flying below 10% in auto landing yes you are fighting the landing procedure with constant throttle up to keep it from landing.flying down to 0% was done with external batteries.ie seems the thunder power HV 3500 mah allowed me to do this only becoz of its reserve power left in battery.not all batteries are created equal.i DO NOT recommend trying this!!

Are you saying to actually turn the battery on? I'm thinking so because just pushing the battery button doesn't jump it into charging for topoff that I've seen yet.
Yes, turn th battery on and then plugin. It will start to charge a bit, it will turn off when done.

You basically fight auto landing and keep it in flight by keeping altitude up.

Yes, turn th battery on and then plugin. It will start to charge a bit, it will turn off when done.

You basically fight auto landing and keep it in flight by keeping altitude up.
Hi digdat0 your top flite on leader board was that the 6600 ms batt?

Hi digdat0 your top flite on leader board was that the 6600 ms batt?

That one (53k with cam) was the MS6600 LiHV and a VenomFly 2300 LiHV together. I was on KDE 885 motors, so i loaded it up a bit more. I've also flown with the MS5200 and VenomFly 2300 and hit 52k, but i landed at a hard zero (actually, flew on zero for 1-2 mins). If i recall, the 53k flight i came in at 1%. So I'm learning the balance of weight vs MAH vs available distance. I think the 6600+2300 was too much weight. Even on my 52k (5200+2300 bats) auto landing kicked in with 6,511 feet left and i ran on fumes for a bit, then 15 feet in front of me there wasn't enough power to air break and it flipped over.

Here's the HD link to the 52k flight: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
And Youtube if ya wanna see the power drop (just watch the last min):

I'm finding weather and wind also play a HUGE rule (db warned me about the wind before!). I'm starting to warm my batteries in the car before i fly, I find they like that alot better.

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
That one (53k with cam) was the MS6600 LiHV and a VenomFly 2300 LiHV together. I was on KDE 885 motors, so i loaded it up a bit more. I've also flown with the MS5200 and VenomFly 2300 and hit 52k, but i landed at a hard zero (actually, flew on zero for 1-2 mins). If i recall, the 53k flight i came in at 1%. So I'm learning the balance of weight vs MAH vs available distance. I think the 6600+2300 was too much weight. Even on my 52k (5200+2300 bats) auto landing kicked in with 6,511 feet left and i ran on fumes for a bit, then 15 feet in front of me there wasn't enough power to air break and it flipped over.

Here's the HD link to the 52k flight: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
And Youtube if ya wanna see the power drop (just watch the last min):

I'm finding weather and wind also play a HUGE rule (db warned me about the wind before!). I'm starting to warm my batteries in the car before i fly, I find they like that alot better.
Yes cold air temps decrease battery performance and yikes fog has moisture not good for electronics.b carefull!? Nice flite seems 17 mins out and just 17 back.35 mins that pretty good wish I could get that 40 min flite that ed209 seems to have?

Justto beclear: Whenyou guys talk about turn battery on: Its not hitting once the batery buttom which gives me only the charge level.

Itis hitting the power butoom once short andthan long like I would do it to activate the drone, but having thebattery not attached to thedrone.

correct ?

Justto beclear: Whenyou guys talk about turn battery on: Its not hitting once the batery buttom which gives me only the charge level.

Itis hitting the power butoom once short andthan long like I would do it to activate the drone, but having thebattery not attached to thedrone.

correct ?
Yes

BTW guys - i've been compiling a spreadsheet of compatible lipo/lihv batteries with weight, cost and links to buy. thought you guys may find it useful, its open to editing so feel free to add any you come across which i missed.

Lipo/LIHV Battery Inventory List (4s)

looks like this, should be a useful tool

maeJP2x.png

Good job dig! You should offer the teaser and then sell the spreadsheet for five bucks. Thanks man

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Good job dig! You should offer the teaser and then sell the spreadsheet for five bucks. Thanks man

Starting bid, one million dollars ..
FchAhEr.png

I just like helping the community. It should be a good cheat sheet though on weight and ratios.

Yes cold air temps decrease battery performance and yikes fog has moisture not good for electronics.b carefull!? Nice flite seems 17 mins out and just 17 back.35 mins that pretty good wish I could get that 40 min flite that ed209 seems to have?

Thanks man. Yeah the cold air doesn't help at all. For my last one (52k), it was 17:25 out and 18:16 on the way back, 35:41 total, but that last few was on 0%. Had too much weight and it was cold. my 53k flight was 17:47, back at just over 35s16 total (got better wind). I've started tracking all of this in a spreadsheet and i'm taking with me on location, that way i have a quick reference for past flights on those batteries/motors/props so i have comparison. Having DJI go crashing doesnt help, and since they encrypted logs on latest versions i cannot get into the logs either. but, having the reference sheet helps. i wonder if I'm the only one who does this? I'm hoping this + math will get me to those 40min flights Ed and a few others get!

ptUzCgz.png

Reactions: Silverwingflinx

correct ?
correct. I made a video showing how i charge the stock batteries to 100%.

Reactions: direkMel
Thanks man. Yeah the cold air doesn't help at all. For my last one (52k), it was 17:25 out and 18:16 on the way back, 35:41 total, but that last few was on 0%. Had too much weight and it was cold. my 53k flight was 17:47, back at just over 35s16 total (got better wind). I've started tracking all of this in a spreadsheet and i'm taking with me on location, that way i have a quick reference for past flights on those batteries/motors/props so i have comparison. Having DJI go crashing doesnt help, and since they encrypted logs on latest versions i cannot get into the logs either. but, having the reference sheet helps. i wonder if I'm the only one who does this? I'm hoping this + math will get me to those 40min flights Ed and a few others get!

ptUzCgz.png
This is a good idea I just ues my flite logs from my app todo this?.

This is a good idea I just ues my flite logs from my app todo this?.
basically, yeah. i go in and pull some details from each flight from the dji go viewer and put into the spreadsheet. i should be tracking MAH as well, but i'm not yet. i use it to predict how much time/feet i could get out of the flight, so i know how much i can push it. I like data. Below i copied /shared a version of my sheet, i showed which columns on the top i edit.

Flight Log

What Dual Lock stem density are you guys using? 250/250 170/400 or 250/400? I really don't want this battery to fall off mid flight but I'd really like to be able to remove the battery without ripping off the VPS...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94