Dual Battery Mod

Or actually 15.2v. Depending on how that charger software is. The main thing is you want to charge all cells to 4.35v. Anything less and your not using the battery to it's full potential.

Reactions: Lee SK
Anyone here sourced replacement shells for the batteries themselves? Someone had to screw up trying to open the battery, broken the plastic ... Where can one find a a replacement plastic shell for the battery??

I would like to experiment with some lihv, but I really don't want to buy another charger. I have an iCharger, but max cell voltage is 4.3 on lithium battery mode :( They don't have any newer firmware either that support lihv, guess I'll have to email them. Surely it can do another .05v.

You guys notice motor noise or whistling from the motors with the externals on there?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You guys notice motor noise or whistling from the motors with the externals on there?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
It CAN be a little louder w/ extra weight! Its nothing that I worry about too much, the way I can tell right of the bat if my externals are too heavy for my A/C is a straight up ascend! If its sluggish climbing straight up and has trouble braking then its prob too heavy.
Your 1.6 nano's should be no issue for your standard Pro! But go w/ your gut.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
When the DJI smart battery is charged to 100%, what is the voltage per cell? Is it 4.35v, 4.33v, etc?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks...didnt struggle one bit

I'm uniquely unqualified to answer since I don't even own a P3, but I'll blather on anyway...

The nominal charge on a P2 (3S) battery is 11.1 volts. The nominal charge on a P3 (4S) battery is 14.2 volts. That's an extra .1 volts per cell because it uses more advanced technology.

My stock P2 battery usually maxes out at about 12.62 volts. Let's say 12.6 volts. That's an extra .5 volts per cell over the nominal charge. So I'd imagine yours would max out at about 16.2? Maybe a little more? Does that sound about right?

This is a little outside your question, but since this is a battery mod thread, let's say I wanted to force more charge into the battery. I've tried that on my stock battery and it refused to charge. I couldn't force the charge. But interestingly, I noticed that if I try to force the charge on my fake aftermarket battery, it would allow the charge, and I've been able to get it up from 12.6 volts fully charged to 12.8 volts (and maybe more but I quit). However, it's definitely not healthy for the battery. Also, a P3 owner is taking a risk using aftermarket batteries since DJI can upgrade your firmware and declare your aftermarket battery unusable for no particular reason other than it's aftermarket.

When powered up this is what my p3 says in go app for voltage

Attachments

• 1464871177757.jpg
    1464871177757.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 340

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94