Dual Battery Mod

They also do a 1450 mah. What would be the difference between the 14.8 v and these 15.2 v ?

They also do a 1450 mah. What would be the difference between the 14.8 v and these 15.2 v ?
One is high-voltage that matches the DJI battery closer. You also have to use an L I HV battery charger to charge them up to high-voltage specs. It's up to you what use I'm currently running some 14.8

I believe those who are scoring above 30 min might be using Thunder power battery (inspire pilots are using it).. so guys try this 3500mah battery ( lowest mah available for HV)
Shipping cost outside USA is outrageous so I can't test it :(

Thats a 10C burst so give it a constant 75% throttle for optimal performance.

At 265g each that's 530 grams of load.. can the motors handle this load for 30 min?
Compared to the puffy Hyperion 2800 which are 258g each thats 700 mah more for only 7g difference (lower c though)..

Thunder Power RC TP3500-4SHV

Specifications:

Max Charge: 2C
Max Charge Current: 7A
Max Cont. Discharge: 6C
Max Cont. Current: 21A
Max Burst: 10C
Max Burst Current: 35A
Weight (g): 265
Dimensions (mm): 39x35x106

Last edited:
what charger would be good to do the battery charging on a pair of nano-tech 1800ma?

I am looking at the Skyrc D100 or hitech 44165

what charger would be good to do the battery charging on a pair of nano-tech 1800ma?

I am looking at the Skyrc D100 or hitech 44165
Yeah both those will work and are way overqualified! If you dont own one yet make sure to buy one that is LiHV capable as you will prob experiment w/ those type bats in the future.

Yeah both those will work and are way overqualified! If you dont own one yet make sure to buy one that is LiHV capable as you will prob experiment w/ those type bats in the future.
ok, thx I'll go with the Skyrc D100 then.

image.png
Did 19 km distance, 21.20 mins flight, 47% battery left. That should make it 36 km bird..

View attachment 49788 Did 19 km distance, 21.20 mins flight, 47% battery left. That should make it 36 km bird..
Impressive! Can you share your battery mod? You mentioned in the other thread that you use a Multistar 4000mAh battery mounted under VPS. Is your main DJI battery modded just like the 1st post of this thread but with a single XT60 female connector?

View attachment 49788 Did 19 km distance, 21.20 mins flight, 47% battery left. That should make it 36 km bird..
Some people are into these battery mods to ring is much flight time as they can out of it, and some people are in it to ring as much distance as they cannot of the battery. Which category do you fall into Fanti?
Yes algorithm wise it could do 36 but how capable is the equipment you're using? Do you have a decent signal at the end of your runs? By the way, I fall in the later category, I don't fly to take pictures or use follow me mode or to go in circles, I fly to go distance if the conditions are right for that I don't fly, short of an occasional test run[emoji41]

Hi everyone. With the tens of years of combined experience here I really do not want to tackle wires and soldering. Is there anyone who provides a complete plug and play battery mod solution for the P3a? I have found all the bits and pieces but not all assembled and I feel there is just far too much talent here for me to go messing around with a DIY mod. I equate it with giving yourself a heart transplant.

Reactions: Tony Cowan
Hi everyone. With the tens of years of combined experience here I really do not want to tackle wires and soldering. Is there anyone who provides a complete plug and play battery mod solution for the P3a? I have found all the bits and pieces but not all assembled and I feel there is just far too much talent here for me to go messing around with a DIY mod. I equate it with giving yourself a heart transplant.

FPVCustoms does. DJI PHANTOM 3 SMART BATTERY MOD AND KIT WITH INCLUDES 2-3 DAY SHIPPING

All you have to do is remove 8 screws to pop the legs off so that you can place the battery brackets in.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1460127972.266606.jpg

I just received these custom built from Horizon Midwest to test and if the test works out Tom Parker is going to make them available to the general public.
The goal for these is a 30+ minute flight time, I will be testing them this weekend and posting the results. The good thing about ordering these from Tom versus other battery mods you can order is Tom Will not only put an XT 60 connector on your main battery but also a balance plug where you can charge all this together only using the DJI charger you already own you and I need to buy an additional battery charger which means if you choose to, you could leave the strapped to your Phantom at all times. I'll set up a post with the contact info after testing this weekend

Last edited:
View attachment 49891
I just received these custom built from Horizon Midwest to test and if the test works out Tom Parker is going to make them available to the general public.
The goal for these is a 30+ minute flight time, I will be testing them this weekend and posting the results. The good thing about ordering these from Tom versus other battery mods you can order is Tom Will not only put an XT 60 connector on your main battery but also a balance plug where you can charge all this together only using the DJI charger you already own you and I need to buy an additional battery charger which means if you choose to, you could leave the strapped to your Phantom at all times. I'll set up a post with the contact info after testing this weekend
Cant wait to hear if this works out. How much weight is that??

I am looking for a plug and play solution that has the voltage balanced thing with no holes drilled into the body or vents of extra wires. I had a look at FPVCustoms and I see wires coming out of the body. Im not looking to do that so if Tom Parkers avoids this then its an option. On shorter flights when I dont need the extra batteries I would like to put in a normal battery and go without wires dangling.
Is that even possible? Connecting the two extra batteries to the main DJI battery only?

View attachment 49891

ok I just got off the phone with Paul at FPVCustoms and he confirmed that nothing comes out of the bird, only the battery despite the pics on the website. I will hold off until this weekend to hear how it went with your test before I decide. Thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT