Dual Battery Mod

IMG_0036.PNG this is what I'm getting flight time wise I wouldn't say it was good unless it was. I would never mislead people into buying a product I don't believe in. I know it might be cold where you guys are but I don't see I could be getting 10 more minutes flight time just because of the cold.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
View attachment 46960 this is what I'm getting flight time wise I wouldn't say it was good unless it was. I would never mislead people into buying a product I don't believe in. I know it might be cold where you guys are but I don't see I could be getting 10 more minutes flight time just because of the cold.
Never doubted you. I am just not getting more than 28.5 mins to 10%. A pity. And I have four v3 modded batteries and split packs, all with same result. Tried on multiple birds all with new motors... Tried with and without balance in flight. It should be more but I don't get it. Flying in 4-8 degrees Celsius.

Never doubted you. I am just not getting more than 28.5 mins to 10%. A pity. And I have four v3 modded batteries and split packs, all with same result. Tried on multiple birds all with new motors... Tried with and without balance in flight. Charging the splits I get between 4300 and 4550 mAh. It should be more but I don't get it. Flying in 4-8 degrees Celsius.
Never doubted you. I am just not getting more than 28.5 mins to 10%. A pity. And I have four v3 modded batteries and split packs, all with same result. Tried on multiple birds all with new motors... Tried with and without balance in flight. It should be more but I don't get it. Flying in 4-8 degrees Celsius.
46 degrees Fahrenheit is not going to make that drastic of a difference in flight time. I have been pumping up the Lipo packs with my high voltage charger maybe that will help I know I fly differently than most of you butt I don't see how I could be getting that much more flight time than everybody else it doesn't make any sense.

If i'm not mistaken, Ed is using his own mod, when more of us get in the air more results will come out. I encourage v-3 users to post those results here to make them easier to sort through.
Horizon v-3 split power mod

Guys there are a few variations that will,effect the flight time .
Wind , temperature, weight , combine the worst of these will knock down your flight times .

What is the base take off weight of you kit ? BTW
What is the temperature ?. Temp
What is the wind speed. Wind
Have you peaked all cells to 4.35 volts ,cell peak
Have you connected the balance cable ? Balance used
What props are you using ? Prop type
What is the aH capacity of the external split cell. Ah of cell

These variations will make a difference for sure.

Hint : have you noticed the car battery struggles at lower temperatures.

Flight time are meaningless unless you specify these variations.

So,when you post your results quote these variables.

Will
HFPV uk

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtybum
Guys there are a few variations that will,effect the flight time .
Wind , temperature, weight , combine the worst of these will knock down your flight times .

What is the base take off weight of you kit ? BTW
What is the temperature ?. Temp
What is the wind speed. Wind
Have you peaked all cells to 4.35 volts ,cell peak
Have you connected the balance cable ? Balance used
What props are you using ? Prop type
What is the aH capacity of the external split cell. Ah of cell

These variations will make a difference for sure.

Hint : have you noticed the car battery struggles at lower temperatures.

Flight time are meaningless unless you specify these variations.

So,when you post your results quote these variables.

Will
HFPV uk

Thanks Will. I will provide as much of these details as I can when my v3 mod arrives. If I can get 30+ minutes then I will for sure send in another 2 batteries to Midwest Horizon for modification.

I get an additional 10 minutes with the turnigy1600mah mod. Something must be wrong if you only get three additional minutes.

I tested by charging everything up to 100% and then flying to 50%. My flights were nothing aggressive but I was constantly moving.

With the stock P3 battery I was getting about 12 minutes to 50%.

With the 2x Nano-Tech 1800's and 2,200's I was getting about 15 minutes to 50%.

I ran the tests two times with the 1800's and 2 times with the 2,200's. There are no other mods on my P3 other than those batteries and the carbon fiber battery boards from FPV Customs.

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
I tested by charging everything up to 100% and then flying to 50%. My flights were nothing aggressive but I was constantly moving.

I ran the tests two times with the 1800's and 2 times with the 2,200's. There are no other mods on my P3 other than those batteries and the carbon fiber battery boards from FPV Customs.

only problem with this setup is the Nanotechs are good but do not match up to the 4.35 per cell of the Phantom DJI battery , but are actually 4.2 v per cell, weight is another factor , Nanotechs are DENSE and weigh more.

Seen a Utube video 28 mins nanotech 1800 down to 11% battery.

Seen a Utube video 28 mins nanotech 1800 down to 11% battery.
28 mins with dual 1800s wow, that's VERY impressive! I have flown hundreds of flights with modded batteries, never got more than 23-24 minutes with 1800s.
I did find a battery that lets me fly 31-36 minutes though, one big one to be mounted under VPS (LiHV)!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94