Dual Battery Mod

So it showed 4394 mah, so does it only show the capacity of the master battery & not show the slave battery ? How does it show up in the DJI go app ? I guess It would just drain a lot less slowly ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah I'm assuming this behaves just like how it behaves for us using the battery mod and 2 external batteries... DJI Go app reports the capacity of the DJI battery and nothing else. When you fly, DJI Go shows battery at 100% for a while. The estimated flight time bar at the top stays pinned at 25min until the power draws down enough. Remember it's discharging from all 3 batteries, all 12 cells, so they are equalized.

Yeah I'm assuming this behaves just like how it behaves for us using the battery mod and 2 external batteries... DJI Go app reports the capacity of the DJI battery and nothing else. When you fly, DJI Go shows battery at 100% for a while. The estimated flight time bar at the top stays pinned at 25min until the power draws down enough. Remember it's discharging from all 3 batteries, all 12 cells, so they are equalized.

This is quite correct , when you add another lipo pack In parallel with main dji lipo then is discharges 50% slower , the dji go app can not see the extra battery externally but since it's connected in parallel the load to the uav will be shared, once the batteries have both discharged enough then the counter will start counting down from the max 25 mins the firmware is set to . In the ideal world it would be good to enter the ah capacity of battery in the dji go app , all would be simple then ,So this is the work around . Also it's important to charge the main dji lipo and the external set via the cable links using the Xt60 and the balance lead.this will then pump all the cells back up properly to 4.35 per cell as these are high voltage . The dji charger is used for this , no need to get another charger , we have made it easy guys.

Will
of Horizon FPV
Technical developer

What bird side antenna do u have..the clover one or the dipole one?

Kevin
At the moment, I have neither, but will happily get both, if either will make much of a difference without popping open the shell to install a booster requiring a power supply. Opening the VPS/Lightbridge box is easy, and all the antenna leads are snapped on there, so the antennas are easily replaced. Do you recommend the clover or the dipole, and on which leg or N#? Will the antenna replacement alone improve the transmission sufficiently to keep up with the original 323 video output power with old motors on a new motor 323A bird?

Reactions: dirtybum
This is quite correct , when you add another lipo pack In parallel with main dji lipo then is discharges 50% slower , the dji go app can not see the extra battery externally but since it's connected in parallel the load to the uav will be shared, once the batteries have both discharged enough then the counter will start counting down from the max 25 mins the firmware is set to . In the ideal world it would be good to enter the ah capacity of battery in the dji go app , all would be simple then ,So this is the work around . Also it's important to charge the main dji lipo and the external set via the cable links using the Xt60 and the balance lead.this will then pump all the cells back up properly to 4.35 per cell as these are high voltage . The dji charger is used for this , no need to get another charger , we have made it easy guys.

Will
of Horizon FPV
Technical developer

Glad you guys are offering it to the US. $482.83USD is a bit steep for me. I have 5 batteries and would probably have done it if I could use my newest battery which has just 7 flights on it, along with a new one. I understand why you have to ship a complete kit with 2 new batteries since we are over-seas. I'm accumulating so many batteries since starting to mess around with these LiHV packs. For anyone who is looking to start off with a battery mod, this looks like the best out there. And you'll save yourself money not having to buy a charger.

Glad you guys are offering it to the US. $482.83USD is a bit steep for me. I have 5 batteries and would probably have done it if I could use my newest battery which has just 7 flights on it, along with a new one. I understand why you have to ship a complete kit with 2 new batteries since we are over-seas. I'm accumulating so many batteries since starting to mess around with these LiHV packs. For anyone who is looking to start off with a battery mod, this looks like the best out there. And you'll save yourself money not having to buy a charger.
My thoughts exactly!

Will similar mod work for P3 or we don't need mod for huge battery of P4?

Thanks for coming up with a solution.
However, am I reading correctly that our cost is $544 American dollars?
According to your website, if I was in the UK, it would only cost $117 if I gave you two new DJI batteries which retail for $149 each (but can now be bought for $100 or less, if bought with a new P3P). Is shipping to the U.S. really $127? I already have several extra brand new DJI batteries I would like to use, but instead, I will now have to buy two more new ones at full retail? Why can't the U.S. Division of Horizon make this mod for us, just like you do in the UK, for $117 if we supply our own batteries?

That solution is for them to provide everything, both batteries, the monitoring module, labor and shipping.

I emailed them to ask for the price for everything so that I wouldn't have to wait for shipping the batteries to them and the cost associated with that as well. It would be faster for them to send it all and it would cut out having to pay for shipping two ways.

I agree it still seems a little steep for the labor. I'm not sure what their shipping cost is to the US though?

Their price in dollars is $485. 2x batteries can be bought for $123 each delivered in the US. The monitoring modules, mount plates and wires/connectors can't be more than $50 so that's $296. What's left, $189, is labor and shipping. I dunno international DHL shipping to the US can't be more than $40? So $150 for labor?

I'm going to split my own DJI battery and solder balance and xt60 connections to each pack. I'd prefer to be able to use my own charger rather than charging them in parallel along with the DJI battery. While the Horizon solution is simple, the cost is keeping me away. Plus, adding xt60s and balance connections to each pack will give me everything I need.

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
Yeah I did but it did not load properly to Flytrex so it doesn't count I'm not really choked up about it it will easy to do it again I just have to wait for good weather. Battery mod exceeded my expectations I turn around way early could have gone at least nine miles
What % did you turn at & what wind was you into

I will spend those additional $485 on purchase of P4 :)

Reactions: GadgetGuy
image.png
That solution is for them to provide everything, both batteries, the monitoring module, labor and shipping.

I emailed them to ask for the price for everything so that I wouldn't have to wait for shipping the batteries to them and the cost associated with that as well. It would be faster for them to send it all and it would cut out having to pay for shipping two ways.

I agree it still seems a little steep for the labor. I'm not sure what their shipping cost is to the US though?

Their price in dollars is $485. 2x batteries can be bought for $123 each delivered in the US. The monitoring modules, mount plates and wires/connectors can't be more than $50 so that's $296. What's left, $189, is labor and shipping. I dunno international DHL shipping to the US can't be more than $40? So $150 for labor?
Above is the "labor only" UK order, and the international order, both in the shopping cart, priced in pounds, which I converted to dollars. UK Labor is only 74 pounds. No reason why Midwest Horizon can't do the mod here in the U.S. for $100, saving international shipping, and buying two more new DJI batteries that I already have too many of!

At the moment, I have neither, but will happily get both, if either will make much of a difference without popping open the shell to install a booster requiring a power supply. Opening the VPS/Lightbridge box is easy, and all the antenna leads are snapped on there, so the antennas are easily replaced. Do you recommend the clover or the dipole, and on which leg or N#? Will the antenna replacement alone improve the transmission sufficiently to keep up with the original 323 video output power with old motors on a new motor 323A bird?

Hi gadget guy,
The correct leg is N2 or N3 , mine is connected to N2 .
The antenna that works the best is the clover antenna, I do have the amp so I don't know if just the Antenna itself will give the results that I have, I live in north New Jersey very high Wi-Fi and I am getting five miles out solid as a rock.
The bird Side amp mod does work, but I only believe it works as good as it is with the amplifier.
Kevin

Hi gadget guy,
The correct leg is N2 or N3 , mine is connected to N2 .
The antenna that works the best is the clover antenna, I do have the amp so I don't know if just the Antenna itself will give the results that I have, I live in north New Jersey very high Wi-Fi and I am getting five miles out solid as a rock.
The bird Side amp mod does work, but I only believe it works as good as it is with the amplifier.
Kevin
Has anyone experienced improvements or even positive results from adding a aftermarket antenna for video W/OUT the amp?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West