Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

streetcreep said:
FPV col said:
DiegoF said:
Hey, Dronexpert community, are you sad for the upcoming Rotorpixel realese? :lol:

No not at all.. I wish the many new owners of the Rotorpixel many happy hours of stable and jello free flights and I think its very commendable that so many have pulled the triger without seeing a flight demonstration video :lol:

I agree ..I actually have both coming as I have a need now for a second device ..cant wait to put them to the test . As of right now ..the only one that has footage working (real world flights) is DE . I am hoping it(rotorpixel) is going to come out awesome .. I love supporting Canadian companies . and if my DE is a good as their speedskaters , I am happy happy happy as well .

yeah, I'm ordering one as well. . .just to see the difference, and I too will probably get a 2nd PV2 as a back up. I think competition in the market is ALWAYS a great thing. The one area that would be great, and I cant wait for is the 3 axis gimbal for these Phantoms. It's just a matter of time!

some noob question, does the dronexpert will have the contol lever to tilt or i have to buy it apart?

oukenfold said:
some noob question, does the dronexpert will have the contol lever to tilt or i have to buy it apart?
Yes the lever is included to work the 7th channel :)

Still no message to say shipping mine, should have been yesterday or today as i purchased on the 13th, hopefully tomorrow

NEILS said:
oukenfold said:
Yes the lever is included to work the 7th channel :)

Still no message to say shipping mine, should have been yesterday or today as i purchased on the 13th, hopefully tomorrow
Me too! Same day for me also. Sent them an email and they returned that it would ship this week. No specific day, but this week. :|

I now everyone is waiting patiently for the Rotorpixel gimbal as it is less expensive than the Dronexpert.
But, take a good look at the youtube video they have out there (I think it is also on their website) as they tilt the Phantom front to back and side to side.
When they rock it side to side watch the camera lens, it drifts right to left. It doesn't stay straight.
Not sure if that will affect the quality.
Actually, anything is better than the stock mounting.

Re: New video Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

Studiowise said:
@BenDronePilot

But for some of us it is worth it because we use the Vision app to control the camera settings. How do I do that with the setup you suggested? I have a gopro3B bolted to mine already but I have to anticipate the results I want to achieve before I set off.
All I wanted was what I've already got but with the option to have smoother video and this ticks all the boxes. I could have waited for the Rotorpixel one but you know what's it's like, there would then be a rumour of an imminent DJI's own one and then a 'Swedish one' Etc Etc

Glad I sent back my vision, it just wasn't as stable as I'd hoped. I've been studying everything from flame wheels to century helix and s800's, but price brings me back to the latest development in the P2 with h32d. However, with the obvious void to fill in a working gimbal on the current P2Vision, now I have another question...does anyone have a comparison or informed comment about the p2 with h32d and go pro versus the p2vision gimbals being developed by dronexpert or comments welcomed from rotor pixel as well. Thanks!

slicknet said:
I now everyone is waiting patiently for the Rotorpixel gimbal as it is less expensive than the Dronexpert.
But, take a good look at the youtube video they have out there (I think it is also on their website) as they tilt the Phantom front to back and side to side.
When they rock it side to side watch the camera lens, it drifts right to left. It doesn't stay straight.
Not sure if that will affect the quality.
Actually, anything is better than the stock mounting.

It's a 2-axis gimbal, like dronexpert. Neither of them can correct for yaw (which is what's happening when he's wiggling the thing around). The gimbal only has the two ways of moving (roll and pitch), so any left-right movement is from the aircraft yawing. Interestingly the Rotorpixel website now hints at a future 3rd axis upgrade? Now that would lock everything completely solid - although if you wanted to use the third axis to actually pan the camera then there would need to be a lot of landing skid mods required to get them out of the way... Retracts on a Vision, anyone?!

My Dronexpert Gimbal arrived yesterday. Assembling took about 30 minutes. I still have not don't the 7e component of it yet, going to save that for later. Took it out back and flew it around. I have to say, calibrating the compass on the Phantom is a real pain with the gimbal attached since it's not fixed to the phantom. Anyone have a solution to this?

NoFlyAways said:
My Dronexpert Gimbal arrived yesterday. Assembling took about 30 minutes. I still have not don't the 7e component of it yet, going to save that for later. Took it out back and flew it around. I have to say, calibrating the compass on the Phantom is a real pain with the gimbal attached since it's not fixed to the phantom. Anyone have a solution to this?

does anyone have a comparison or informed comment about the p2 with h32d and go pro versus the p2vision gimbals being developed by dronexpert or comments welcomed from rotor pixel as well. Thanks!

Mine should be shipped out today or tomorrow. Got email yesterday confirming that it is scheduled this week for shipment. I also asked for a Fedex shipping number so I could track. Almost a month now. Ordered on the 14th of Jan. Have two big shoots coming up that I really need the gimbal for in three weeks. It is a digital video presentation of an energy center here in my area that utilizes geothermal, solar, wind, tube lighting, etc. I will have to do many fly overs to get all the shots requested for the script. They need to be perfect because the potential tenants will be R&D technology companies that this video will be utilized for.
Yesterday they emailed:
Hi Greg,
Your order is planned for this week.
Have a nice day and thank you for your patience.
Best regards,
Giel Zwaan
www.dronexpert.nl

I am an older retired photographer with 35+ years in the studio business. You are talking about slowing the shutter down with a ND filter which is great and will do the job, but why not use a polarizing filter that will not only enhance your color spectrum and also it will act as a ND filter, which is usually about 2.5 stops?

I am an older retired photographer with 35+ years in the studio business. You are talking about slowing the shutter down with a ND filter which is great and will do the job, but why not use a polarizing filter that will not only enhance your color spectrum and also it will act as a ND filter, which is usually about 2.5 stops?
because as of right now, there are no mounts that will hold with the Dronexpert . . . Any ideas?

I finally got out to fly mine yesterday. Overall, I am impressed with the stabilization. However, there is a vibration issue I need to solve. Looking at the video you can see a shimmering effect. Much more subtle then a full on jello effect.

The dampers need to be changed out I am assuming. I won't be able to try again until the weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB-PbMYb9BE&hd=1

jengo said:
I finally got out to fly mine yesterday. Overall, I am impressed with the stabilization. However, there is a vibration issue I need to solve. Looking at the video you can see a shimmering effect. Much more subtle then a full on jello effect.

The dampers need to be changed out I am assuming. I won't be able to try again until the weekend.

Maybe your propeller no balance. Change a new set of propellers to try .

LMC said:
jengo said:

Maybe your propeller no balance. Change a new set of propellers to try .

I will give this a shot during my next flight. I will do a side by side comparison of the ones I used previously and a new set.

Guys.. Due to the persistent low pressures hitting the uk at the moment I've not been able to even test fly my new gimbal, I was just wondering if you guys executed another compass calibration after installing your gimbals ? I only had to move mine up the leg 5mm, or is it just best to do the dance ? Thanks..

FPV col said:
Guys.. Due to the persistent low pressures hitting the uk at the moment I've not been able to even test fly my new gimbal, I was just wondering if you guys executed another compass calibration after installing your gimbals ? I only had to move mine up the leg 5mm, or is it just best to do the dance ? Thanks..

If you do not get a message showing you need a compass calibration, you may not necessarily need to do the dance, but doesn't hurt to dance anyway. Also, a best method to tell is to fire up the Phantom Vision and let hover several feet off the ground and watch it for just a few seconds to see if it stays in one place. If it moves around more than a few feet, it probably could use a calibration, but if it sets pretty still on one spot, you should be good to go. If I don't calibrate every time which I do calibrate very often, I at least take the time to watch it hover for 30 seconds or so and if it is pretty rock steady, I go with it but if it moves around, I drop it back down and calibrate and monitor again afterwards to insure it works smoothly.

I finally got my letter this morning that my gimbal is shipping as of today. yippee!

dastagg said:
FPV col said:

If you do not get a message showing you need a compass calibration, you may not necessarily need to do the dance, but doesn't hurt to dance anyway. Also, a best method to tell is to fire up the Phantom Vision and let hover several feet off the ground and watch it for just a few seconds to see if it stays in one place. If it moves around more than a few feet, it probably could use a calibration, but if it sets pretty still on one spot, you should be good to go. If I don't calibrate every time which I do calibrate very often, I at least take the time to watch it hover for 30 seconds or so and if it is pretty rock steady, I go with it but if it moves around, I drop it back down and calibrate and monitor again afterwards to insure it works smoothly.

I finally got my letter this morning that my gimbal is shipping as of today. yippee!

Thanks dastagg.. Yes I think I will do the dance at my local field just in case.. It sure did give the dog walkers a good laugh last time I did it :D congrats on your new delivery soon to be ;)

dastagg said:

Just check and my message came as well, at last :D

I wont be able to have a look until it arrives however with regards to dampers has anyone had a look at a way to
fit the original p2v dampers under the tray or some sort of very soft rubber, might be the answer to removing some of the problems, just a thought.

I'll have to also get mine back together as its in bits at the moment :lol: been modding the battery compartment to fit a flytrex core and a tk102 tracker internally so will be posting pics when completed ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing