Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

I have the DE and really think the Roto could be my preferred but don't have one of those. The DE is a little sensitive on things. The cable slightly out of perfect position, it starts a slight shake. Sitting on the legs also is the the best design either. Can't give a good compare, but I thing the roto could be a better option. I like my DE, but not love. Just my opinion though.

Well at least you have it...can't love something you don't have...such as a Rotorpixel Love the one your with! :lol:

dastagg said:
I have the DE and really think the Roto could be my preferred but don't have one of those. The DE is a little sensitive on things. The cable slightly out of perfect position, it starts a slight shake. Sitting on the legs also is the the best design either. Can't give a good compare, but I thing the roto could be a better option. I like my DE, but not love. Just my opinion though.
Thanks dastagg There's more of a forum on the Roto,so assume it's more popular. Guess I'm impatient and don't want to wait 6 months for one

Forgot, the option to control camera using the extra channel on bottom of the controller really rocks. That part
I really Love on the DronExpert. I waited for a good while with DE and ordered prior to them starting to ship initially. Price does not include the surprise import tax on DE. The DE does a great job, just like simplicity of the Roto, but still happy with DE, especially the tilt control knob on controller. Easy install! Don 't think Roto offers the tilt control? That would really stink.

I really liked my de gimbal. It proved to be great at smoothing the wind generated bumps and corrections, but yaw jumps were irritating. The plastic breaks too easily. The compatibility and the channel 7 lever is a huge plus. The biggest drawback is it blocks the left wifi antenna on the vision camera. That's my experience.

Ok, so the de gimbal is expensive and fragile. :oops: My p2v took a 330' dive when the left front motor overheated (don't take off or land in dirt or sand). The gimbal bottom plate saved my bird from any damage (at the expense of the gimbal)! :( I dig these little copters and got a 2nd one; a p2v+. I fly both (although without the gimbal on the vision, and the 7th channel tilt lever mod on the +) I have decided to rebuild the bottom plate on my broken de gimbal out of carbon fiber. :lol: A common complaint on the p2v+ is how fragile the gimbal is; separation, tilted, no way to adjust in app. The P2V is still a good value.

I seem to keep having the issue of the camera being jittery with my gimbal and wondering how everyone else has the small flat cable positioned? I originally got pretty stable video, but now it keeps being jittery. I am wondering if anyone has any photos of how they have the small flat cable positioned as I believe this is the issue. I don't do video often (mostly photos) but hate to see it jittery when I do the video. I have moved the cable around a bit, and will get worse but don't play with it enough see which is best, but guess I can do that also. This is my only reservation against Dronexpert is how fragile it is for jittery video by the cable being so sensitive. Wondering if anyone has done anything to resolve this issue or is it just me?

dastagg said:
I seem to keep having the issue of the camera being jittery with my gimbal and wondering how everyone else has the small flat cable positioned? I originally got pretty stable video, but now it keeps being jittery. I am wondering if anyone has any photos of how they have the small flat cable positioned as I believe this is the issue. I don't do video often (mostly photos) but hate to see it jittery when I do the video. I have moved the cable around a bit, and will get worse but don't play with it enough see which is best, but guess I can do that also. This is my only reservation against Dronexpert is how fragile it is for jittery video by the cable being so sensitive. Wondering if anyone has done anything to resolve this issue or is it just me?
Yes, all the wires, especially the flat one need to allow free gimbal movement. You're on the right track. I just use a bit of tape across the flat cable to take out the slack. :D

drone expert gimbal not working

DJI phantom Vision 2, just got the drone expert gimbal. I havent updated my softwere until yesterday, the last time it was updated It was january 2014, so new gimbal installed updated software now the phantom dosnt show up on the iphone app to connect. so I dont know if the gimbal works. any suggestions?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20