Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

Re: New video Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

Pull_Up said:
Although of course you'll vastly reduce wifi range if you need to point your tx (and attached range extender) down to hold the camera pointing at the ground - and possibly affect tx control range with it. I never used the phone gyro tilt function partly for these reasons. The only time it makes sense is if you use a pilot+photographer setup: someone else is holding the phone in their hands who can then yaw and tilt using phone movement whilst you keep both hands on the sticks and your antenna orientated optimally - in that scenario a toggle would definitely be useful for the camera operator.

Agreed... And I'd rather yaw with the sticks than the phone anyway....

In the first post there is a video link.
The P2V shown there appears to have the compass moved up the back right leg,
abiut 1/3 down from the top of the leg, instead of where mine is, near the bottom of the leg.
Any comments?

gpauk said:
Pull_Up said:
Although of course you'll vastly reduce wifi range if you need to point your tx (and attached range extender) down to hold the camera pointing at the ground - and possibly affect tx control range with it. I never used the phone gyro tilt function partly for these reasons. The only time it makes sense is if you use a pilot+photographer setup: someone else is holding the phone in their hands who can then yaw and tilt using phone movement whilst you keep both hands on the sticks and your antenna orientated optimally - in that scenario a toggle would definitely be useful for the camera operator.

Agreed... And I'd rather yaw with the sticks than the phone anyway....

This is not about yaw.. It is about pitch tilt.
Having the switch be a toggle is a practical option for those who like to use the radio tilt for controlling the cam tilt
Those who don't like it simply wont use it.
But the way it us set up now is completely impractical for those who want to use it!

Scottrod said:
I guess they figure you don't need to fly and tilt at the same time. Lol. Silly if you ask me. I agree they should have a toggle switch on the app that keeps that sensor tilt option on instead of having to hold your finger on it...

Amd why hide the Channal 7 tilt control functionality if it is doable?.. And we know it is doable !
Why not make it accessible to the average flyer like me?

Its the best I see out there for the stock cam, and its paypal, so, cant lose..

Geert said:
streetcreep said:
I have ordered one as well jus recently though

Dronexpert will ship immediately or you have to wait 2 or 3 weeks ?

Geert.

when I was chatting online with Rob he said 2 week or sooner .. all good for me .. Also asked him about the lens adapter he thinks it will work ,,but then again no one has one yet to test so we shall see

neils said:
Purchased mine in the 12th and was concearned i had no email to confirm purchase, at the time i asked quite a few questions and was told about 2 weeks, emailed last night to ask was payment ok as i had no purchase confirmation, got a reply this morning

Dear Sir,

We have received your order correctly.
Your order will be processed and you are scheduled for delivery.
We will keep you updated on status (delivery time on Gimbal is around 2 weeks).Keep an eye out on our facebook page for newest developments.

Sounds like its still 2 weeks away yet :roll:

Just heard from dronexpert.com! My gimbal just shipped! It should be here Wednesday of next week!

nashvillephantom said:
neils said:
Purchased mine in the 12th and was concearned i had no email to confirm purchase, at the time i asked quite a few questions and was told about 2 weeks, emailed last night to ask was payment ok as i had no purchase confirmation, got a reply this morning

Dear Sir,

We will keep you updated on status (delivery time on Gimbal is around 2 weeks).Keep an eye out on our facebook page for newest developments.

Just heard from dronexpert.com! My gimbal just shipped! It should be here Wednesday of next week!

Great news! And it's definitely one with a tx rear lever kit included? Please say yes because that means mine must be imminent :p

Studiowise said:
nashvillephantom said:
neils said:

Dear Sir,

Great news! And it's definitely one with a tx rear lever kit included? Please say yes because that means mine must be imminent :p

OK I'm getting confused now ! I had an email from them today stating that they will start shipping Tuesday next week as they have now received all components for the 7th channel but need this weekend to Double check the lever addition.. Confused... Scratching my head :?:

gpauk said:
Anyone emailed the guy that posted the review on dronexpert's site?
I did.
Got a response fom him today!

(With your permission Brad..)

Here is the response
"When I ordered my gimbal I asked for the iPhone tilt function only, I don't have the tilt lever fitted to my Phantom Remote Control. If you contact DRONExpert, they will be able to give you more information regarding this. I was used to having the tilt function on my iPhone and didn't want to change to be honest.

Regards

Brad. "

From what i have read on their site None of the app functions are compomised by adding the 7th channel lever!
Am i missing something here?

iDrone I'm excited for you man. My purchase depends on your review. No pressure buddy :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Venom93corba said:
iDrone I'm excited for you man. My purchase depends on your review. No pressure buddy :)

You're not the only one waiting on reviews of the first batch. I suspect if the PV pilots who volunteered to be guinea pigs post glowing reviews and tilt-free videos then Dronexpert will be swamped with new orders (and we'll have a two month wait as production tries to catch up!)

True. So in other words, iDrone, write a crappy review and message me privately :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor