Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

BrewserB said:
I ordered the gimbal on March 21st. I just noticed the email I received and it says that it will ship in 5 weeks. I wish I would have known that. Have you all waited that long to get the gimbal? How long does it take to get to the states from NL?

I ordered mine on 2-9-14 and it's coming in on 3-31-14. It will be worth it, be patient.

Came in on 3-27, all put together and works great, love the 7th channel feature..

Attachments

• Drex.jpg
    Drex.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 486
I ordered in January and recieved in late February and worth the wait. My only issue was the charging of credit card upon order instead of most companies I do business with, do not charge until order is shipped, but from this site, this policy is not uncommon. Another issue to me was after order shipped, I got a bill for Duty chages from FedEx and wasn't expecting it, although, most here say that is also common. Just wish it would not have been a supprise, but may should have expected it. Since I don 't order much from overseas, it was a supprise to me. Still overall, it is worth the wait. Their customer service is great from my conversations with them. Thought by now they would be caught up with orders, but apparently still backed up.

BrewserB said:
How long does it take to get to the states from NL?

Once it ships it takes about three or four days. FedEx is a wonderful thing but customs does their best to slow things down (just a bit)

Thanks to everyone about the delivery timeframe. It does stink to wait 6 weeks so I'm glad I ordered it when I did. It will be here in time for Summer.

cant say I have seen many for the vision other than dronexpert and rotopixal
for the price its worth a look I have ordered one, I will let you know I have also got a dronexpert one on my other phantom 2 vision so will be able to compare ;)

chippy jfl said:
cant say I have seen many for the vision other than dronexpert and rotopixal
for the price its worth a look I have ordered one, I will let you know I have also got a dronexpert one on my other phantom 2 vision so will be able to compare ;)
Great! Looking forward to your report !
Thanx

dastagg said:
I ordered in January and recieved in late February and worth the wait. My only issue was the charging of credit card upon order instead of most companies I do business with, do not charge until order is shipped, but from this site, this policy is not uncommon. Another issue to me was after order shipped, I got a bill for Duty chages from FedEx and wasn't expecting it, although, most here say that is also common. Just wish it would not have been a supprise, but may should have expected it. Since I don 't order much from overseas, it was a supprise to me. Still overall, it is worth the wait. Their customer service is great from my conversations with them. Thought by now they would be caught up with orders, but apparently still backed up.

I saw this on their site. The way it's stated is if you live outside of Europe you won't have a VAT. It's kind of confusing since we don't deal with it here in the states. How much did FedEx charge you?

Does VAT apply to me?
If you are from outside Europe, the invoice will be with 0% VAT. If you are within EU VAT don’t apply to you if you have a VAT number. If you are from within the EU, and don’t have a VAT code, 21% VAT will be added to the price.
Basically said: VAT only applies for customers from within Europe which does not have a VAT code (non-company’s).

As I said before I cant seem to be able to start a new thread cant find a tab to allow me !! for the record I have no business interest in this product and I still not sure why they have to be so expensive i understand there are some R&D to be done but its not like they are inventing the first wheel gimbals have been around for years !!
sorry if i have upset you was not intentional l !

chippy jfl said:
As I said before I cant seem to be able to start a new thread cant find a tab to allow me !! for the record I have no business interest in this product and I still not sure why they have to be so expensive i understand there are some R&D to be done but its not like they are inventing the first wheel gimbals have been around for years !!
sorry if i have upset you was not intentional l !
you can start your own thread simply by clicking on New Topic
newtopic.jpg

dronexpert gimbal test 4. windy, close to sundown. just a quick test. Where video jumps is where movie was cut , to make it shorter. Couple playing Frisby near me were so fascinated by my copter that they stopped playing to watch.They were kind enough to wait 'til I was almost landing to ask questions;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf2cxyGWFXk

Fyi dronexpert dropped price to 349 eur. I still think its too much.

Odesláno z mého A1-810 pomocí Tapatalk

I had small crash with DE gimbal and I sent it to repair. And I miss a lot this 90 degree down view :) already thinking making mod for original attachment to tilt it a bit more down.

But about third party gimbal in general - I am happy, that I doesn't have Vision plus... if You got a problem with +3 axis gimbal - You are in trouble. Right now probably in expensive one. As i read from topics, this is not rare case.
All I had to do after crash - I attached old system back and still making photos and shaky filming - but no downtime so badly. And repairment is probably cheaper than 800 bucks for new camera-gimbal.

Dillinger said:
I had small crash with DE gimbal and I sent it to repair. And I miss a lot this 90 degree down view :) already thinking making mod for original attachment to tilt it a bit more down.

But about third party gimbal in general - I am happy, that I doesn't have Vision plus... if You got a problem with +3 axis gimbal - You are in trouble. Right now probably in expensive one. As i read from topics, this is not rare case.
All I had to do after crash - I attached old system back and still making photos and shaky filming - but no downtime so badly. And repairment is probably cheaper than 800 bucks for new camera-gimbal.

It's funny. When you go to the Dronexpert website, the Rotorpixel website (which is a joke) or the taco toy website, there is no section where you can buy spare parts. Why is that? The drones will crash, and sending the gimbal half way across the world to be repaired makes no sense. I know not everybody owns or has access to a 3D printer, but printing your own spare parts seems to me to be the only way to go?

For example, my hardware is intact. Motors just won't run. No 3d printing solution for me.
Also I live pretty close, its okay for me :)
And seeing a lot of tweaking and strugglng to get work gimbal- I prefer they manage it all the way... Im just not good for it...

Been searching for a couple of weeks now for a gimbal for my P2V. What's the verdict on the DE? Have looked at Rotor pixel and Aerial Freaks cyclops forums but leaning towards DE. Any comments would be most appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing