Drones that will make you say wow - CES 2016

clackey

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
'Drones are one of the most popular gadgets on display at CES, with over 100 new drone models here, and the rodeo has them in every shape and size, from teeny tiny toys, to industrial. There’s so much interest in drones here at CES, says Shan Phillips, CEO of drone maker Yuneec USA, because drones have gotten much easier to operate. “In the early days, you had to be a DIY person," but not anymore.'

Full story - Drones that will make you say wow - CES 2016

'Drones are one of the most popular gadgets on display at CES, with over 100 new drone models here, and the rodeo has them in every shape and size, from teeny tiny toys, to industrial. There’s so much interest in drones here at CES, says Shan Phillips, CEO of drone maker Yuneec USA, because drones have gotten much easier to operate. “In the early days, you had to be a DIY person," but not anymore.'

Full story - Drones that will make you say wow - CES 2016

It would be a thrill to fly one of these ;)

More details:
Ehang 184 drone could carry you away one day

Does anyone know whether DJI presented anything new?

That looks super cool, but the FAA would have a nightmare on their hands with this:D Just imagine these low cost manned quads by the thousands in the skies and you get the picture. If they install collision avoidance, my commute to work would be a breeze:)

Reactions: rene van der meer
Hey that guy with the goggles is flying illegally lol

You are all a bunch of criminals now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just imagine these low cost manned quads..... :)
I agree,it looks really cool and it a great concept,but.......
If/when the E Hang 184 goes into production it is said it will retail for $200000 to $300000,not exactly low cost.
Collision avoidance would be a great idea with this one as it is almost completely autonimous.You tell it where you want to go and tell it to start.After that you can only control the air conditioner and tell it to stop when you arrive.
They have a long way to go before they will be practical enough for the daily commute.

If/when the E Hang 184 goes into production it is said it will retail for $200000 to $300000,not exactly low cost.
Collision avoidance would be a great idea with this one as it is almost completely autonimous.You tell it where you want to go and tell it to start.After that you can only control the air conditioner and tell it to stop when you arrive.
They have a long way to go before they will be practical enough for the daily commute.

It is only a matter of time before the prices drop as the technology is not expensive by any means and the prices keep falling. Initially I agree the price will be high, but as the prices get lower, we will see that reflected anywhere. Flying machines that carry people are priced high to keep the skies free of too many people. it is a deterrent to having us all up there. In my opinion it is only a matter of time before low cost solutions create the scenario where we can all afford to fly. In some countries it will be easy, but not here. The entire system would have to be overhauled in order to support that many aerial vehicles.

Yeah, but two weeks after they are introduced you'll be able to buy one on Ebay for $1999

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl