drone will not fly over 9 feet

Reaction score
i have recently purchased a phantom3 and it will not fly over 8-9feet high or 15 feet away from me, please help me. what can i do?

i have recently purchased a phantom3 and it will not fly over 8-9feet high or 15 feet away from me, please help me. what can i do?

go outside

sorry, I couldnt resist.

What exactly is it doing or not doing? Does it just stop? What is the readout on the phone/tablet telling you?

Gotta give us a lot more to go on.

What does it do when it reaches 8 feet? Does it lose connection? Are you getting any messages/errors on you app? Have you checked you app settings? (i.e. beginners mode, maximum distance, maximum height)

I would recalibrate everything (IMU, compass, even the remote controller, etc) and see what effect that has.

found a setting to take it off of beginner.. i feel stupid. i do not know why i did not look at all the settings to begin with. thank you for trying to help and at least answer.

found a setting to take it off of beginner.. i feel stupid. i do not know why i did not look at all the settings to begin with. thank you for trying to help and at least answer.

However, beginner mode is not limited to the distance you mentioned (beginner is limited to 100 feet).

I highly recommend that you pour over the manual and multiple pre flight checklists that are all available on this site.

If the sound is turned up on your device, you'll hear it say that you've exceeded the maximum flight distance.

it was a setting in there to limit it to a certain distance from controller i think. i can go back throught it to see exactly what it says in a few.

it was a setting in there to limit it to a certain distance from controller i think. i can go back throught it to see exactly what it says in a few.

the interface is relatively involved and has tons of information. Its not a bad idea to pair to the drone just to sit and go through all the menus so you're not trying to navigate the interface as its hovering above you

i am in Wilmington,NC and would loike to meet people here that fly quadcopters/drones,and learn from them. i am very new to the outdoor fliers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT