Drone themed vacation?

Reaction score
Have you thought about a vacation destination based around wanting to fly your drone/take video & pictures?

Where would you want to go and why?

Sounds like it's easy to take your Phantom as a carry-on, a least here in the States. Wonder if it's an issue flying internationally?

Me, I'd like to take mine to the Bahamas. This time of year, I dream of going with or without bringing the Phantom.

Lately, I've been carrying it around in the back of the car, just in case I see an interesting opportunity.

wincrasher said:
Have you thought about a vacation destination based around wanting to fly your drone/take video & pictures?

We've planned vacation trips (pulling our travel trailer) around Geocaching, and now I can see us taking side trips (or picking camping areas) based around interesting areal video and picture sites.

"Just more crap to haul around" is pretty much my wife's view of it all - ha. But since she actually enjoys flying our Phantom 2 Vision as well, I don't think it will be a problem. I see different prospective pictures showing up on our Facebook page(s) too.

Commercial flying with my Phantom sounds to me like one big hassle, so that's out.

Taking it to all the Biker parties this summer hanging a banner "Show Your Tits" from the landing gear.

Hope this helps !

wincrasher said:
Lately, I've been carrying it around in the back of the car, just in case I see an interesting opportunity.

I really want to carry it around too and "jump into action" if something happens. However...

Even if you conceal your Phantom well, do you keep your batteries fully charged? If so, at best you'll degrade the life of your lipos and at worst you'll have an unlikely but potential fire issue.

Before I even had my phantom in my paws I was planning on where I'm taking it. My husband and I camp an awful lot and enjoy road trips. I'm planning on revisiting a lot of places that we went last year. Out to Jenner where the mother seals have a natural 'nursery' where the Russian River meets the ocean and they have their babies there. Up to Gold Beach durring rutting season where the Elk battle on the beach for mating purposes. This summer though I really can't wait to go back to the eastern sierras behind Yosemite National Park. We stay at Twin Lakes and I know I will capture beautiful footage there of the mountains, wildlife and scenery. Not to mention we will be only an hour away from Lake Mono quite possibly one of the strangest salt lakes ever.

(note: as I said it's a salt water lake, those weird towers coming out of the lake are toufa, salt and mineral deposits)
mono-lake1.jpg

761_1MML_449_Londie_G_Padelsky.jpg

We are going to Bermuda this spring and I was told that I have to leave the Phantom home. It's a little big to sneak. LOL. I'm working on it!

gbshovel said:
Taking it to all the Biker parties this summer hanging a banner "Show Your Tits" from the landing gear.

Hope this helps !

Ha ha, would be fun at biker parties for sure!

wincrasher said:

Wondering about the battery issue as well.

My wife says I'll have to choose between bringing her OR my Phantom on next vacaction. Sorry Babe, I'm gonna miss you! ;-)

20 degrees. Hands cold on the controls. But, the 'machine' performed flawlessly.

That's me out in the roadway, barely visible. When I woke up everything was totally snow covered, but I waited until it warmed up just a tad.

Attachments

• Winter Camping at Washoe001.jpg
    Winter Camping at Washoe001.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 370

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl