Drone stuck in tree

Funny stuff as that's how the mavic ended up coming down too. A .22 rifle sawed the limb down in about 10 shots. Sounds like Great minds think a like.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

A ladder, flood lights and a load of electrical conduit taped together did the trick when my friends plane got stuck in a tree...

A ladder, flood lights and a load of electrical conduit taped together did the trick when my friends plane got stuck in a tree...

That was hilarious. I don't feel so bad. Funniest thing is he had loads of open fields but kept crashing into trees. Thanks for sharing. Music went great with it too. I also like how the phantom recorded the whole thing from above, almost as if the phantom was laughing.

Reactions: DanMan32
Funny stuff as that's how the mavic ended up coming down too. A .22 rifle sawed the limb down in about 10 shots. Sounds like Great minds think a like.

Obviously everyone's situation is different, and I don't claim to know yours (you could have been in the middle of nowhere...) But generally speaking, firing a gun up into the air isn't a great idea. If you miss the limb, that bullet's gotta come down somewhere, and ideally not on you or someone else's property. Just sayin....

I like the drone hobby, and I get upset when people do dumb things that make us all look bad. I feel the same way about my firearm hobby. Let's stay safe and smart out there, fellas.

Obviously everyone's situation is different, and I don't claim to know yours (you could have been in the middle of nowhere...) But generally speaking, firing a gun up into the air isn't a great idea. If you miss the limb, that bullet's gotta come down somewhere, and ideally not on you or someone else's property. Just sayin....

I like the drone hobby, and I get upset when people do dumb things that make us all look bad. I feel the same way about my firearm hobby. Let's stay safe and smart out there, fellas.

We were in the out in the country, so no harm in shooting the gun. The only relish was hitting the mavic, which to us was the stressful part. Drone on!!

I had the exact same thing happen to mine. Fortunately my father was a marksman in Vietnam and has continued to stay sharp with his shooting. I had him come over and he shot the limb into that was holding mine. It took about 6 shots to cut the 1" branch but he got it with no damage or $(charge)

If one of those bullets came down and hit someone, or someone's winshield, a lost drone would be the least of your worries.

I got my Phantom 1 caught in the top of a 120' high poplar tree. I cut the tree with a chain saw. I cut so the Phantom would be on the top sidea when the tree fell. I recovered it with one broken prop! The video recorded by the GoPro as the tree fell was intresting!

I got my Phantom 1 caught in the top of a 120' high poplar tree. I cut the tree with a chain saw. I cut so the Phantom would be on the top sidea when the tree fell. I recovered it with one broken prop! The video recorded by the GoPro as the tree fell was intresting!

Post the video please, I would love to see it

The roll motor might pop back together, otherwise replace the roll motor/arm. Probably need the black ribbon cable too. From what I understand, that's the hardest part to install properly.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi , here is a little trick my father taught me for getting wood and I have used it to recover a drone. Carry a hand casting fishing reel and some lead sinkers. You need to practice but you are able to get quite good at throwing the lead sinker around branches. I was able to shake the branch to recover mine. Have someone with you to catch the drone or branch and drone. Cost may only be a lead sinker and a bit of line

I thought of the weighted string idea to shake a branch holding my Syma X5SW, but didn't think of a means to cast it other than throwing the string like a lasso. Why didn't I think of the fishing pole cast idea? The pole itself may suffice in nudging the drone down.
I was thinking of getting a telescopic painters pole.

I had the exact same thing happen to mine. Fortunately my father was a marksman in Vietnam and has continued to stay sharp with his shooting. I had him come over and he shot the limb into that was holding mine. It took about 6 shots to cut the 1" branch but he got it with no damage or $(charge)

Dude, that is soooooo cool!

How much for the bullets?

Not to be a pessimist or anything, but I wonder where those 6 bullets landed that were shot into the air?

Must be something in the air, here's another drone (mavic)!in tree and a 2nd P3A crash trying to save it.

A good thought! Better, use a prop guard. decreases the odds. Train your cat. Get Wrist rocket used for launching antenna wires. Call your local ham club. Jim

Videos are making me. It feel so bad. Update - all I needed was a few props and a ribbon cable. The ribbon cable was a bear but I got it. Everything is as good as new now! Dodged another bullet.

Well it was a AR 22-cal all 6 hit the limb. The shells are about $.25 each. I live out in the middle of nowhere with no neighbors for miles. So it's not like I just go around shooting in the air at random. Lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart