Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Drone Parachutes Available!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PhantomFanatic, Jan 23, 2015.

1. PhantomFanatic

In another thread I mentioned that I had seen an ad for drone parachutes (3 sizes) in Rotor Drone magazine. I promised to find the advertisement.

I don't think this is the one that I saw, so I'll keep looking, but I did find this 3 chute system for 4, 10 and 25 pound systems. I'll be adding more links.

That link is: http://www.marsparachutes.com

2. QYV

QYV

that's really cool so definitely keep the info coming, but dang 300 grams for the medium which I'm pretty sure is what we'd need for a P2 loaded with FPV... that's gotta seriously hurt flight time!

EDIT: they say the smaller one works on the Phantom, but only Phantom 1 :( Phantom 2 props too big. shame

3. robsquad

4. Happyflyer

It is not flight time to think about, the BIG price IS.

5. PhantomFanatic

Okay, I need some help here! There IS a Phantom size multi-rotor,that has a parachute as an option.

I really can't recall who makes it. I thought I saved a link to it. A big plus is it comes with FPV, with a large (relatively) color monitor in the transmitter. You can choose the camera that comes with it or use a 3D gimbal with a Hero.

What is even more interesting is the location of the chute. It is under the multi-rotor, behind where the gimbal/camera would be. It is in a round tube. There is a spring that pops out the chute when the drone goes beyond a certain tilt angle.

It looks as if it is servo activated and I would guess it could be activated from the transmitter. I want to say it is called the Ora, in the USA. I have to say it, it looks like it could grab a large portion of the Phantom market.

I want that AND the VTOL plane that I posted about! Plus, a high quality, high channel transmitter!

EDIT: Duh! It is the Husban X4, in Off Topic!