Drone knucklehead . . . very UNCOOL stunt flying over HELICOPTER

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I haven't seen this one posted on the forum yet so here goes....

This UAS operator pulled a maneuver that I would love to see him go to jail, get fined heavily, and forbidden to ever own any type of UAS ever again.

Please discuss but do so with respect and decency.

Allen

I saw that in one of our forums and they said it was a NY State helo . I don't know or remember where I saw it though .

I saw that in one of our forums and they said it was a NY State helo . I don't know or remember where I saw it though .
I remember it was this guy and thread on this

I haven't seen this one posted on the forum yet so here goes....

This UAS operator pulled a maneuver that I would love to see him go to jail, get fined heavily, and forbidden to ever own any type of UAS ever again.

Please discuss but do so with respect and decency.

Allen
Wow again
That close shave
Gillette might be interested on tips,I'm glad I saw that.no flying today but now live by beach and already seen multiple helicopters go past,I certainly be eyes open,,,,that was so close

Reactions: BigAl07
Just like sUAS pilots are entertained by fpv or other distractions longer than they should be, so are manned aircraft pilots. They both have the see and avoid responsibility, but, the sUAS pilot will always come out loosing should there be an accident.

Reactions: 3rdof5
Is it just me, or does anyone else think it’s a little odd to see what is obviously some form of quadcopter outrun a helicopter? And do it in just a few seconds?

Reactions: sdileon
Is it just me, or does anyone else think it’s a little odd to see what is obviously some form of quadcopter outrun a helicopter? And do it in just a few seconds?

If you watch it you'll see he's done some creative editing to make it look like he rapidly caught up with the Heli. His position remains stationary.

If you watch it you'll see he's done some creative editing to make it look like he rapidly caught up with the Heli. His position remains stationary.
I thought he put the video backwards, not caught up to it.

I’m leaning towards creative editing for the whole thing.

While I would LOVE for this to be proven to be CGI/Editing and FAKE as all get out I'm inclined to think it's REAL! My guess is this has been reported to the FAA many Many MANY times now and it will get lots of attention. If it's fake the original creator/editor will need to prove as such.

I'm surprised it has NOT made it to the media yet....or has it and I've just missed it?

If the quadcopter is in restricted airspace that's one thing (violation on the part of the quadcopter). Both pilots have an obligation to see and avoid. The pilot of an overtaking aircraft has the obligation to maneuver to avoid the aircraft being overtaken.

What am I missing? I see a stationary P4P passed by a moving helicopter.

If the quadcopter is in restricted airspace that's one thing (violation on the part of the quadcopter). Both pilots have an obligation to see and avoid. The pilot of an overtaking aircraft has the obligation to maneuver to avoid the aircraft being overtaken.

That is completely incorrect. The unmanned aircraft must yield, at all times, to manned aircraft. This is not a case of one manned aircraft overtaking another. It is a drone flying illegally in restricted airspace at 1100 ft AGL in the flight path of a helicopter.

Well that water looks frozen, or at least in time since it is not flowing. And if it was really frozen what is that boat doing floating in the ice.

Last edited:
What am I missing? I see a stationary P4P passed by a moving helicopter.

You see it correctly but he also reverses the video and repeats it (in slow motion as well) a few times. If you just watch it without paying attention it momentarily looks like he accelerated, over took the heli and back again... it's all in editing.... the Helo flew under the UAV...bad very very bad!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94