Drone insurance uk

Reaction score
Drone insurance in the UK for none commercial use. Any body got it? How much and who have it.

I've got public liability through my BMFA membership which is about £30 a year, plus the other benefits that the BMFA give you.

For equipment cover, check your home insurance some cover any gadgets up to a certain value, but I'm sure commercial insurers would insure if you phone them.

I've got public liability through my BMFA membership which is about £30 a year, plus the other benefits that the BMFA give you.

For equipment cover, check your home insurance some cover any gadgets up to a certain value, but I'm sure commercial insurers would insure if you phone them.
Hi thanks for your reply, I have just been looking on the British Model Flying Association site and looks pretty good.

Put mine on household policy which includes iPad mini 2 and is insured for a total of £1500 includes 5 batteries, carry case, chargers and anything else £20 a bargain, better to be safe than sorry because there is a lot of pond life out there who like nothing better than a free lunch!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Neon Euc
Put mine on household policy which includes iPad mini 2 and is insured for a total of £1500 includes 5 batteries, carry case, chargers and anything else £20 a bargain, better to be safe than sorry because there is a lot of pond life out there who like nothing better than a free lunch!

Does that cover you if anything was to happen whilst flying it?

Does that cover you if anything was to happen whilst flying it?

Sorry for the late reply I have been away for a couple of weeks, to answer your question I honestly did not ask so I do not know, I do know that if I crash it or lose it I am insured, I will try and check to see if there is any public liability included and will post back if favourable lol.

I chose the BMFA Country membership. It is stand alone and you do not need to join any flying clubs. It gives £25,000,000 public liability for £38 per annum.

https://www.photoguard.co.uk/ offers £1900 worth of insurance for £43 per year or £4 per month. It includes accidental damage and theft cover for drones up to a maximum value of £2000 for non-commercial use.

I got a quote for £1900 as that's all I will need. They do NOT offer public liability for drones, I'm going to go with the BMFA for that.

Batteries are not covered, as they are considered consumables. Tablets are considered as laptops and are covered, phones are not covered. Remotes are also covered.

Summary of cover: http://www.photoguard.co.uk/documents/2016/PhotoSelectPolicySummary.pdf
Policy wording: http://www.photoguard.co.uk/documents/2016/PhotoSelectPolicyWording.pdf

https://www.photoguard.co.uk/ offers £1900 worth of insurance for £43 per year or £4 per month. It includes accidental damage and theft cover for drones up to a maximum value of £2000 for non-commercial use.

I got a quote for £1900 as that's all I will need. They do NOT offer public liability for drones, I'm going to go with the BMFA for that.

Batteries are not covered, as they are considered consumables. Tablets are considered as laptops and are covered, phones are not covered. Remotes are also covered.

Summary of cover: Maintenance
Policy wording: Maintenance
Do you know if they cover for accidental loss as they mentioned something about loss on their website main page

Do you know if they cover for accidental loss as they mentioned something about loss on their website main page

In their exclusions, they state:

Accidental damage to a drone or Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) where the total Value, including any attached Property Insured, is in excess of £2,000

So I would say yes, but I'm going to ask them to make sure.

Accidental damage to a drone or Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) where the total Value, including any attached Property Insured, is in excess of £2,000

I'd be interested to know when you do, sounds ideal, I have emailed them but they haven't got back

Was wondering if you checked of they covered for accidental loss. Cheers

Really want to know myself about this as I will take out insurance myself by the end of the month

Neon Euc

Sorry, I didn't ask them, I was more concerned with accidental damage.

Give them a call on 0333 004 6555
Ok just off the phone to them, They cover for accidental damage/ theft/ wont cover for accidental loss which is "irretrievable" (eg loss at sea/ water etc) but will cover for fly aways that can be retrieved ( couldnt get my head around that one) and will not cover for public liability. Hope this helps

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl