Drone flying possible in Poland, Sopot?

Reaction score
Anyone knows if it's OK to fly around Sopot in Poland? I tried to understand the maps but did not get any wiser. I will be using a Mavic Pro.
Thanks in advance for any insights.

Thanks. I saw that link, that's fine but I was confused about the flight map: Drony Informacja I can't interpret it I'm afraid. Sopot seems to be in a part of a green part on it..

Sorry about a late response. To be on the safe side, I'd call the local airports and see what they'd have to say. Maybe that's the wrong answer, but it seems that Sopot is right between green and blue and you would be in danger of violating both airspaces.

I come from Poland and I have Polish UAV license. If you don`t have a UAV license, you cannot fly in Sopot - it is in general. Drone operators without Polish UAVO license, can only fly 100 meter from buildings and 30 meters far from people.
Drone operators who have Polish UAVO license can fly in safe distance from people and buildings.
Poland is very hospitable country, so if you have UAVO license got from your country, it is possible to be approved by Polish UAVO office.
You can call to Urząd Lotnictwa Cywilnego in Warsaw to get more infromation.
Please install Drone Radar mobile app to see what zones are in Sopot. Drone Radar mobile and tablet app is chargebale but it cost little. If you want to see what zones are there in Sopot from the another place than Sopot you have to pay one time for Drone Radar.
I was flying there one year ago. You have to know that flying in i.e. ports is forbidden.

I hope it helps.
Regards
Marcin

Reactions: Primpwatcher
Thanks guys. I don't have a license (as it's not required for UAV's under 25kg in Sweden) However I was not thinking of flying near buildings or in the actual town. (or not over people). If I not ebter the red part in the drone map found here: Drony Informacja I should be OK?

Sopot is a part of 3-cities: Gdańsk, Gdynia & Sopot called in one name as: Trójmiasto. This is a big aglomeration so the buildings are everywhere, so if you don`t have UAVO license it will be forbidden for you to fly in Sopot, because in every place you will find builings and people.
The map link you have pasted is OK, but it doesn`t show everything. For example there will be NATO trainings Tiger 2018 in Poland in may 2018, and this information is absent on the link you pasted, because it is AIP Poland, that is constant zones. If you know more about a local zone you have to see something called as AUP Poland, that`s why I recommend you install Drone Radar mobile app - it is not expsensive and it is in English version either. Click on "google" button on Drone Radar map (not "google" websie as you may think) and search over the location you want. You will find actual and constant zones and the periods when they are active or not and what it is altitude of them. It is the best source of infromation and it is must have for every drone operator in Poland.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna