Drone Downed by T-Shirt At The Beach

Reaction score
Looks like another drone operator flying too close to crowds. It is interesting that the police took the drone operator's side:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/aug/19/man-jailed-beach-drone-confrontation/

Based on the fact it was brought down by a T-Shirt, I tend to lean towards the beachgoers side. For it to be low enough for that to happen and that close to a crowd of people definitely falls into the reckless category in my book.

I have filmed a few events at or near the beach and I always head straight over the ocean at least 50m off shore and at least 40m up. Even the path I take to the ocean I verify is free of people before takeoff. At that altitude and location most people have no clue its even there.

Has anyone else read some of the utterly closed minded ridiculous replies below the story?
Wow people are paranoid! :eek:

Has anyone else read some of the utterly closed minded ridiculous replies below the story?
I was just reading some of the comments and had to stop before a stupid overload. I agree that if it was taken down with a T shirt, it was too close. Also the pilot was warned to move away. He didn't. One comment about drones taking inappropriate pictures. Cameras don't take inappropriate pictures. They take pictures of inappropriate things if in view. If in a public area don't wear inappropriate attire if you're so concerned. .

Reactions: bbfpv
Yeah, kinda like the comments on the Fisherman story I referenced here"
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/drone-fisherman.50921/#post-483269
Absolutely incredible what people will spout off about. I guess were lucky the majority of them would never have the courage to actually do the things they profess "should" be done. BUT the more the media whips them up into a frenzy the more likely that might change.
BOT

yeah, knocking it down doesnt make it safe either.
you can shoot photos on a beach pier all day long. but put a camera on a quad, it suddenly becomes public domain for destruction.

hope the drone company sues the t-shirt guy in civil court.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl