Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Drone Deploy Questions?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by DFdigital, Nov 9, 2015.

1. DFdigital

For anyone that uses Drone Deploy I had a few questions.

1) Does it show battery life?

2) If battery gets low, does it return home?

3) Does it show live feed of camera?

4) Can you tilt camera with app or using the remote dial to angle camera during it's mission?

2. Shammyh

Yes, unsure (haven't tried it), no, no.

3. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

1/ Here's a screenshot of DroneDeploy in action - battery life in lower left.
    [​IMG]
    3 - No
    4 - taken care of by DroneDeploy

4. DFdigital

Sweet, thank guys for the info! I guess question 2 is the only one I need to know, don't want to be waiting for the drone to fly back on low battery only to find out it isn't and then I can't make it back :)

5. Joshua Carillo

Is there a way to test Drone Deploy mission after a new plan is synched in offline mode preparation and before we reach the area that will me mapped?

I'm trying it in offline mode for the first time!

6. LK8472

Hey I have some follow up questions. Drone Deploy has seemingly been upgraded since this thread started. Now the answers are 1-4 YES!

My question is...has anyone been able to figure out 1) Can you spread a mission out over multiple batteries when surveying a large or irregular shaped area? 2) Is there any way to have it complete a mission without having signal from the RC?

I have some areas I would like to map out, however there's many tall-ish, obstructive trees near my takeoff area and the borders of my desired maps. I can tell by driving around the area that I have set an altitude that will be well above any obstacles and well below the 400' ceiling imposed by federal suggestion. Help anyone? I tried to chase my quad as it made its way around but it's much faster than I can maneuver around some of the fuller trees.