Drone count.

Reaction score
Just curious, how many have more than one drone? I don't know why, other than I'm nuts, I'm thinking of getting the Mavic pro. I already have the P3S and the P4P, but the size of the Mavic appeals to me. If you have more than one, do you fly all of them? Thanks.

Reactions: THECaptainKirk
A P3p and a Spark - always fly both except when travelling where the Spark is favourite due to portability. And I am waiting for the P5 [emoji57]

Not enough !! 2 x p3s p34k p4 detect x380,xiro explorer,mutiple jrc and symas (little ones),,can we count heli blades,heaps.:)xmas soon,more blades

Reactions: JohnnyD913
I own a P4 but did order a Mavic. I lasted two flights before moving back to the p4. Sure, it's small, hence super portable, but it just didn't seem as easy as the P4. The entire experience just felt a bit odd but maybe I needed to give it more time. I'm pretty sure that I'll buy another one, second hand, maybe next year.

Plus:
- The memory card got stuck in the slot which really annoyed me.
- 1080p looked like jello. it was absolutely awful (At that time but firmware updates should have resolved this)
- It wouldn't move forward into the wind and was hesitant.

those additional issues made me return it only to then have to fight with Scan.co.uk for a refund. 14 days it took to get that!!!!

Reactions: rene van der meer
I own a p3s, p4 thinking about a mavic. Glad the guy posted about the mavic. I love both of mine. One thing I don't like about the mavic is the controller.

Reactions: rene van der meer
2 P3S, 2 P3P, Inspire~1 V2, Blade 350QX2, Blade 350QX3, and about a dozen other blade brand multirotors as well as other off-brands for training others to fly.

I might have a problem LOL

Some of them are now "retired" as they have aged out in terms of technology. Some of them I use for hands-on demonstrations/teaching in class.

The Phantoms and Inspire are my work horses and one or all of them get flown several times a week. We fly something almost every day.

Last edited:
I have a P3P, P4, and a Inspire 1V2. I fly them for my pleasure!

Update: I now also have a Mavic Pro.

Last edited:
Just curious, how many have more than one drone? I don't know why, other than I'm nuts, I'm thinking of getting the Mavic pro. I already have the P3S and the P4P, but the size of the Mavic appeals to me. If you have more than one, do you fly all of them? Thanks.
I have one I'll sell you. ~15 flights, pristine condition. $1000 for the fly more kit with 3 batteries. Includes a great little backpack, an RC case which fits inside the backpack with iPad Mini attached. If you want my cellular iPad Mini2 64GB, I'll include it for an extra $250. The iPad is 2yrs old, has a mat screen protector, so the glass is pristine.

I simply have too many drones. my original P3P that I'm attached to emotionally, because we've been so many places together (silly I know), then there's my P4 which works great with my Inspire GL658A controller (the stock GL300C sucks), it's a good backup craft. Then there's my latest craft bought in May, my trusty P4P , which is my primary flyer nowadays.

I need to sell the Mavic.

Last edited:
I have 3 right now. One P1 and 2 P3As. SinceJohn Locke mentioned the controllers (I know this may not be the correct place) I was wondering what the opinion of a few members is there a big difference in GL300B and the GL300C. I have one of each but the bird with the "B" is down and trying to find a camera board. Thinking of a mavic conversion body for that just for the heck of it. Is it really enough difference to matter. I am sure somebody knows for sure. Hope the tag along doesn't upset to many.
Thanx

I have 3 right now. One P1 and 2 P3As. SinceJohn Locke mentioned the controllers (I know this may not be the correct place) I was wondering what the opinion of a few members is there a big difference in GL300B and the GL300C. I have one of each but the bird with the "B" is down and trying to find a camera board. Thinking of a mavic conversion body for that just for the heck of it. Is it really enough difference to matter. I am sure somebody knows for sure. Hope the tag along doesn't upset to many.
Thanx
The GL300B is good, the GL300C isn't. Although the GL300B wasn't part of my testing, I did own another P3P for a while with GL300B and the range was the same as my GL300A. However the GL300C had poor range with my P4, less than a mile, mainly because DJI detuned the GL300C for some reason. When I use the Inspire GL658A, my P4 had the same good range as my P3P, 2+ miles. Took me months to figure out why.

Why don't you simply link the GL300B to the good P3A? If it was me, I'd put that GL300C in the closet and leave it there where it belongs.

Ok thanks it sounds like should swap the out. No sense having the better one just sitting in the hanger.[emoji106]

Phantom P3s heavily modified with three sunhans boosters and DBS antenna
250mm acro/race fpv quadcopter
100mm acro/race fpv quadcopter
Tiny whoop fpv quadcopter

I got a drone for all situations ;)

P3P, P4, Mavic, Inspire 1 v.2, and quite honestly, more other brands than I care to count. Probably another dozen or so.

I own one Phantom 4. I fly a lot and like the stability of the P4. I owned a P3 but the range and GPS are not as good as the P4 so I sold it. I like the Mavic but I don't think it would be as stable, but if I needed extreme portability I would choose a Mavic.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart