Draining battery

Reaction score
Is there a way that I can drain the power to my phantom 2 vision plus batteries without the my p2v+ as it has been gone for repairs since October 7th and my battery is at 100%? Thank you!

TomWolves said:
Is there a way that I can drain the power to my phantom 2 vision plus batteries without the my p2v+ as it has been gone for repairs since October 7th and my battery is at 100%? Thank you!
I fully charged both my batteries over 10 days ago and left them charged. I've just been out to fly the Phantom and both batteries were near 50% to 60%!!

My guess is the new battery firmware discharges them slowly as a safety/longevity "feature" when the batteries are stored fully charged rather than keeping them full for a long period?

Just a guess?

I guess you could try turning them on(exactly like you would when you want to power up the phantom). That would certainly start depleting them. But at a crazy slow rate probably.

I also can't guarantee if that is "healthy" for the battery itself, that is to leave it on like that for a long time(days?) until they deplete to 50%? Certainly monitor the temperature of them if you decide to do it. You probably would be alright

If turned on with no consumer attached on the battery it switches itself of after a minute or so.

If you know something about electrics and soldering then a light bulb of a car gives a solution as i use it.
Light bulbs for cars come in different wattage or even a 12v halogen spot will do.
A phantom in the air draws about 20 to 26 amps.

I have made a plug that fits the dji battery socked and soldered 2x 21w 12v bulbs to it.
It draws about 3.5 amps.
P = U x I as I = P/U so current drawn by 42w = 42 devided by 12 ( for a full battery and yes i know its 12,6v, i use 12v as its approx the middle between 12,6 and 11,4 for a half charged one ).
So when using 42w or a halogen spot of 50w it takes approx 20 min to draw 2,5amps or just till it shows half full on the display leds of the battery.
After that put the battery in the fridge.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl