Download pictures & video to iPad

I'm not sure what connector you are referring to. The IPad does not have a micro USB port.
Lightning cord goes to USB P4 comes with a adapter USB to micro USB and there is a micro port on the P4 which I had to use to up date the firmware the first time. Does this connection not talk to the P4 any more?

Lightning cord goes to USB P4 comes with a adapter USB to micro USB and there is a micro port on the P4 which I had to use to up date the firmware the first time. Does this connection not talk to the P4 any more?
You might be confusing issues here. Are you talking about connecting your micro SD card to the IPAD?

Wow what a confusing bunch of replies to a simple question.

If you are flying with the iPad you'll have the DJI Go app already installed. Make sure the iPad is connected to your controller and the drone is turned on (no props).

Then in the DJI Go app just go to the editor and export. This works for both still images and videos.

*Edit
As far as the cable is concerned, just use the standard lightning cable - no need to buy extra crap.

Wow what a confusing bunch of replies to a simple question.

If you are flying with the iPad you'll have the DJI Go app already installed. Make sure the iPad is connected to your controller and the drone is turned on (no props).

Then in the DJI Go app just go to the editor and export. This works for both still images and videos.

*Edit
As far as the cable is concerned, just use the standard lightning cable - no need to buy extra crap.
Where is the micro USB connection in your suggestion?

LOL- read the OP's question before you get too critical of people responding with the intent of helping. Nothing is clear in this thread, I will give you that. Let's hope we get there.

I did read it - my answer was simply pointing out that you don't need to. Everyone that owns an Apple device has a USB to lightning cable and that's all you need so why complicate things.

If the op doesn't have a working lightning cable then the easiest option would be to just buy one; after all it's kinda needed to use the app while flying..

Please don't read my replies as me being flippant. Just trying to help.

I did read it - my answer was simply pointing out that you don't need to. Everyone that owns an Apple device has a USB to lightning cable and that's all you need so why complicate things.

If the op doesn't have a working lightning cable then the easiest option would be to just buy one; after all it's kinda needed to use the app while flying..

Please don't read my replies as me being flippant. Just trying to help.
Didn't take your comment as flippant, I was laughing- it is a challenge to answer when the question is vague. Hopefully the OP will clarify and we can get him sorted.

Reactions: BriG
There's a micro USB port on the P4 right next to the MicroSD card slot.

If you connect a regular computer to this port, it will think it is connected to a digital camera. A folder will open with a DCIM folder in it. You can click into DCIM and the sub folders allowing you to download your pictures -- just like you would if you were connected to a digital camera.

The OP wants to do this with his iPad rather than using a regular computer.

As 'With the Birds' points out in his post above, this can be done with a Lighting to USB camera adapter: --> Lightning to USB Camera Adapter

If you connect a regular computer to this port, it will think it is connected to a digital camera. A folder will open with a DCIM folder in it. You can click into DCIM and the sub folders allowing you to download your pictures -- just like you would if you were connected to a digital camera.

As 'With the Birds' points out in his post above, this can be done with a Lighting to USB camera adapter: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
Yes. Or for a faster transfer use a micro SD to USB converted with the camera adapter (lightning) accessory.

Yup.. You also can pull the card, put it in a USB card reader and then plug that into the Lightning to USB camera adapter. This is the way I'd do it.

Yup.. You also can pull the card, put it in a USB card reader and then plug that into the Lightning to USB camera adapter. This is the way I'd do it.

Or when you land just export directly while the Phantom is still connected as I suggested earlier.

Lots of ways.

As 'With the Birds' points out in his post above, this can be done with a Lighting to USB camera adapter: --> Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
This is what I was looking for, I am sorry if I was confusing but it is a single connection iPad to lightning cord to USB adapter regular to micro supplied with P4 plugged into the micro port beside the SD card on the P4.
That being said it is shuch a waste to have use an iPad to fly and then not be able to get the raw data back out of it without using something else.
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen