Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6

This is starting to get a little confusing now.
The debug file in reply #36 is all that is needed to go from
v1.10 to v1.9? It will automatically rollback to v1.9?
Thanks.

This is starting to get a little confusing now.
The debug file in reply #36 is all that is needed to go from
v1.10 to v1.9? It will automatically rollback to v1.9? Or use the debug file first, then install the 1.9 FW after?
Thanks.

Read the post #1. Then read it again. If you still don't get it read steps 1+2 and in step 3 you flash. Everything you need is listed in that very first posting.

Reactions: Digdat0
Where can I get the older DJI Go app files for IOS?
Thanks

Hello Guys,

How do you do this?

"3. Flash the FW"

I'm using a Windows PC and an iPad Air 2 with the RC.

Thanks,

Hello Guys,

How do you do this?

"3. Flash the FW"

Thanks,
Hey I had the same question, because that step was very vague. I find it here

P3 Firmware - HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware

Make sure you are using the correct firmware file for your drone. If you have a p3 advanced, the file name should start with p3s, and if you have a pro, it will be p3x. Just a warning, I have clicked links for p3 advanced firmware at it downloaded the pro firmware (p3x) but a second Google search for me the correct stuff. Dji had the firmware on their website but I find it via Google.

Hello Guys,

How do you do this?

"3. Flash the FW"

Thanks,
means you copy the .BIN file to the sd card, put that card in the phantom and power it on, thus initiating the process of installing the firmware.

means you copy the .BIN file to the sd card, put that card in the phantom and power it on, thus initiating the process of installing the firmware.

Thank You. I was confused on the terminology. Also, On step #1 "On an SD card, create a file named "P3S_FW_DEBUG" (p3a) or "P3X_FW_DEBUG" (p3p), contents of the file do not matter, it just needs to exist. If using Windows, make sure that the filename extension is not present." Look at my picture, I made a text document and named it "P3X_FW_DEBUG" is that correct or do I need to make another file? If this is wrong how to you make a "Debug" file? I have a P3P.

Attachments

• IMG_1083.JPG
    IMG_1083.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 917
Thank You. I was confused on the terminology. Also, On step #1 "On an SD card, create a file named "P3S_FW_DEBUG" (p3a) or "P3X_FW_DEBUG" (p3p), contents of the file do not matter, it just needs to exist. If using Windows, make sure that the filename extension is not present." Look at my picture, I made a text document and named it "P3X_FW_DEBUG" is that correct or do I need to make another file? If this is wrong how to you make a "Debug" file? I have a P3P.
looks like you did it right, it should work just fine.

I'm so frustrated with this Bird and I just want to give up. I must have a stubborn P3P because nothing happened. I followed Steps 1-4 but the P3P powered up and did the beep routine only one time "D-DD" and that was it. The light stayed green on the gimbal base. Step #1...I created a debug file with hidden extension, Step #2...I downloaded v1.9.60 because v1.10.90 is the current version on my Aircraft. Step #3...I copied the .BIN to the SD Card (Flash), and Step #4...I powered up the P3P but nothing happened. Pictures posted.

You don't hide the file extension, you must delete it (by rennaming it and taking the extension away). The name of the debug file must be P3X_FW_DEBUG without extension, no hidden or visible.

Reactions: Cori
So is there a working way to force downgrade 1.5.8 (remote) with USB by now? There was some sort of service.bin ((months/year ago) but i don't think it worked at all. I was curious and tested with DEBUG file and DEBUG_2 to downgrade gl300a and gl300b, that won't work.

So is there a working way to force downgrade 1.5.8 (remote) with USB by now? There was some sort of service.bin ((months/year ago) but i don't think it worked at all. I was curious and tested with DEBUG file and DEBUG_2 to downgrade gl300a and gl300b, that won't work.
From 1.5.8 to lower?

AFAIK, the only way was to try the file rename method I listed in the post. Download the 1.58, rename the firmware you want to the same filename, and try the flash to what dji go thinks is the 1.5.8 file.

From 1.5.8 to lower?

AFAIK, the only way was to try the file rename method I listed in the post. Download the 1.58, rename the firmware you want to the same filename, and try the flash to what dji go thinks is the 1.5.8 file.

Yeah, from 1.5.8 to lower. I can try to rename, but i'm 99% sure it won't work. (iOS)

Yeah, from 1.5.8 to lower. I can try to rename, but i'm 99% sure it won't work. (iOS)
I don't think rename method is even possible on iOS
That I don't know, I only have android devices. If you find a file manager that lets you get into the spot that the file is downloaded to, give it a go and post back here?

Worst case, borrow an android for it? ;)

That I don't know, I only have android devices. If you find a file manager that lets you get into the spot that the file is downloaded to, give it a go and post back here?

Worst case, borrow an android for it? ;)

Ifunbox lets you manipulate the files on an iOS device but it's a bit hit and miss with connecting.

im trying to just go from 1.9 to 1.8 on a new bird i got, i'm seeing this alot:

[00000668][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).

this camera has a broken off gimbal .. but figured the mainboard should still be able to flash the bird. Thoughts? its not creating the main fw log in the root directory.

does it still work? maybe its because you dont have the gimbal attached
yeah the firmware didn't run, i think its seeing the missing hardware .. in dji go, it says gimbal disconnected, despite the fact that its powered. I'll get my ribbon cable and keep on trying :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT