Does your P4P+ controller overheat?

Reaction score
My controller (especially on the input/output ports right under the top of the controller) is EXTREMELY hot to the touch after only being on a few minutes. Haven't flown yet; is this normal? It actually burns to where I have to remove my finger after 2 seconds or it'll hurt.

Should I send it back?

Last edited:
Have not noticed this on mine, but I'll double check this evening. If its too hot to touch, it can't be good.

Have not noticed this on mine, but I'll double check this evening. If its too hot to touch, it can't be good.

Thank you, please let me know how the check goes; not sure if I should return it right away or not. Thanks again! means a lot.

I just checked again; I put a thermometer's tip to it and it came out to 100 F* degrees (not the most reliable reading though) after being on for about 20 minutes (I had it playing a tutorial video most of the time to simulate the remote actually doing something). The whole controller in my hands was noticeably warm (inside in room temperature), but not hot. The hottest part was the little under-section with the hdmi/usb ports. That was the 100F*+ part. Thoughts? Thank you again! This is my first drone and I appreciate the help!

Mine gets warm...haven't measured it with my infrared thermo yet, but I certainly hope it isn't 100 degrees.

No way to measure the temp, but mine's only warm, IMHO.

Can you hear a fan? Could it be the fan failed and therefore internal electronics is not being cooled?

I wouldn't call 100F EXTREMELY HOT.

I noticed the same thing on my Pro+ controller. It does seem like it is overheating, and I was wondering the same thing. Is it normal or should I return it before I fly? Rltu, did you get a replacement that runs cooler?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl